799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got to shoot the new bow.

WOW!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Finally chronographed the bow. I was initially a little disappointed till we did the math.

270fps...a little slow compared to the IBO rating but, I have it tweeked down to 60 lbs, I am shooting 27" draw and launching 390 gr gold tips with blazer 2" vane arrows. Still it seems rather fast since I still cannot see the arrows going downrange and what I have given up in speed I will recoup in kinetic energy.

Interesting tidbit...the cam module used in my firestorm lite is the same cam modules being used on the X force bows.

G

·
seems those extra inches make all the difference no mater what bow. my xforce at 63lbs over the crono was 326 with my hunting arrow i forget what it weighs but the last i knew my draw was 32". my arrow is cut to 29.5 and can be cut any shorter.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Finally chronographed the bow. I was initially a little disappointed till we did the math.

270fps...a little slow compared to the IBO rating but, I have it tweeked down to 60 lbs, I am shooting 27" draw and launching 390 gr gold tips with blazer 2" vane arrows. Still it seems rather fast since I still cannot see the arrows going downrange and what I have given up in speed I will recoup in kinetic energy.

Interesting tidbit...the cam module used in my firestorm lite is the same cam modules being used on the X force bows.
Actually that does sound a little slow for an XForce. I would think something around 285-290. I have a drenalin (slower bow) same arrow, 28" draw @ 62lbs shooting 293fps.:confused:

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe its just too darn fast and the chronograph is guessing.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I have to admit, when I first started shooting my X force, it seemed really different, almost uncomfortably different.

now after a month or so and about 200 arrows, it is really starting to feel comfortable and shoot scary groups.
I made up some 6" rounds for qualification practice and my arrows started to graze each other when shooting multiples. I now have to aim at different quadrants of the circle so I do not hit my own arrows.

I guess it is the radical let off, there is not much at the wall and if you let the bowstring creep just a tad forward it wants to jump out of your release. where as with my firestorm lite there was a considerable plateau at the wall and that allowed you to relax just a little at full draw.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Talk about penetration

I made it out to the local range again today. I still dont understand how it happened but I had an arrow impact roughly 2' below the aim point on the target. the arrow a(gold tip pro hunter) survived with only label damage, but penetrated past the label through 1/2" plywood. I was able to extract the arrow with some difficulty and upon examination was found to be safe to shoot.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My Xforce just shoots better and better every time I take it out of the case. it seemed rough when it was new and I was slightly disappointed. But it seems like it is breaking in and getting really sweet really fast. I am considering a Dream Season next.
I had it paper tested a few weeks back and it is shooting bullets, I put 100gr and 125 gr muzzys on the gold tip PH and I havent had to touch my site pin.AWESOME BOW!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts