Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I head out to the barn Saturday and find this.. Went back in house to get gun. Oldest daughter is begging me not to shoot her dogs. Put gun back up. Now I have 2 dogs to giveaway. Time is limited.

These dogs here are some special breed pups.. They got a little bulldog, hound, beagle in em.. Fine for any occasion. Tracking, diggin in trash, pullin trash in yard, eatin 4 wheeler seats, etc. Free to good home.

·
Registered
254 Posts
LOL, Iv been there well sorta , a dog we had
NOTE*WE HAD got ahold of DH weight bench, lol that dog lasted 3 more days, I got rid of it , could be worse, could of gotten in truck lol

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Well I remember coming home one night to find the brand new carpet in the family room shreaded, the Christmas tree down and stripped totally not a single item left on it. The two german shepards pooped the most colorfull droppings for a couple of days. No I didn't shoot them. What's a 4-wheeler seat compared to the love they give? Maybe they got tired of waiting for a ride? I now have 2 labs, Raven a black one and Gunnar a yellow one. They're my kids now.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
your daughters will hate you for ever if you get rid of those dogs.I would tell them they have to walk/play with them more and take away the allowance to buy the new seat.but hey i dont have kids so .

·
Registered
254 Posts
rofl HuntingMan
LOL Take them for a ride lol Tinkerbell loves riding on Jacobs 4 wheeler lol

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Last year we had a Dalmation, "Molly" and she absoluty LOVED going for a ride on the 4 wheeler or the Golf Cart thingy....she didn't tear up the seats though...but we got rid of her becase she kept running off. she was never at home. We actually gave her away for free (that's how much we got her for, so we didn't make any money) the seemingly nice lady that got her said she was going to a good home....2 weeks later she was up for sale in the paper, $150! WHAT! guess that was the "nice" lady's plans all along if you ask me...don't see how you can have a dog that you get for free - already spayed - shots - very sweet - good with kids. how can she already be worth $150? IDK

G

·
if figure that's why they make then so darn cute. its a life preservation thing. my old boy when i first got him 8 years ago ate the couch. that picture in the other post had me having flash backs.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well today brought more dog drama.. I had ordered some books. The post office dropped them off on my front porch swing. (their mistake). You get it now.. The dogs ate the books, box and everything else they could chew on. There went another $50. Tomorrow my bro-in-law is picking them up.

And no my daughter want hate me. She understands the problems. She will get another dog soon anyway.

Would anyone like a pic of the box?? I can hook you up with that..

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I hate to ruffle the boss's feathers and i know your upset but thats what puppies do.certain breeds are worse than others but unless totally supervised they will get into trouble.You do what you think is best its your home but i think when you took in two puppies you took in the problems that come with it.Unless of course your trying to send a message to your kids"mess up and i ship ya out to the army/boarding school":biggrin:

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah..:green:. The 4 wheeler seat just threw me over the top though.. I will find me a little older dog next time.

My daughter likes this collie/pointer mix that we can get.. Seems like a semi smart dog. That may be our next one. All the puppy is out of this one.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
the downside to a older dog/pup is somebody taught/allowed bad habits to develop.I've had dogs my whole life till recently and any dog can be trained.It takes time and patience .Are they pure breeds or pound dogs?why did ya get them in the first place?(hunting,daddy i want it friend had litter,etc)just curious .Again your house your rules but don't let emotions rush your decision.after all and i hate to say it but"What would Jesus do?"

·
Registered
100 Posts
Joel you really need some kids. The love you show for dogs could spoil the heck out of somw kids. Join the big brothers program or something. As far as the dogs I aint sure. I might be looking for a new dog too. After tearing stuff up at my house they just don't seem so cute and innocent anymore.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I'm backing joel on this one! Dogs like kids, you wouldn' shoot your kids when they wreck the car or break a window or break a rule or spill grape juice on the carpet or knock a glass off the table or use crayons on the walls or leave a screwdriver in the lawn and you hit it with your new tractor blade or yes drive the 4-wheeler against the rules or get caught smoking things or drinking things they shouldn't. The facts are it takes kids up to 23 years to become adults and housebroken a good dog will do it in two years, and both will return love and conpanionship its just that dogs will do it for free - food, shots, tractor seats, carpet, shoes, couches, books ect. I have an adult son to give away free!!:wallbash:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
ARKANSAS WHITETAILER i hear ya ,i was the oldest of 4 kids.I have 2 nephews 2 nieces and assorted relatives.Also had lots of dogs in the house.that said i'm just offering my opinion nothing more.Parents have the right to parent as they see fit.Im not saying anyone's wrong .Hunting Man seems to understand what i was saying,i agree with it too.Im going to drop this topic because like you said i dont have kids

·
Registered
100 Posts
Please read Joel

Please don't misunderstand me Joel. I was saying that as a compliment. I have a love for dogs myself but I also have a temper. I can put up with most things that my kids would ever do because I'm only 36 and I refuse to grow up. A dog can only tear up so much at my house before it's gone. I don't agree with shooting them for being puppies but find them a better suited home. We don't have alot of free time at my house to train another dog but we have two and pigs and horses and etc. I didn't mean any disrespect, I was serious about you volunteering with kids that don't have someone as caring as you to come home to or for a mentor. Kids are missing way to much at home nowadays.:smile:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I head out to the barn Saturday and find this.. Went back in house to get gun. Oldest daughter is begging me not to shoot her dogs. Put gun back up. Now I have 2 dogs to giveaway. Time is limited.

These dogs here are some special breed pups.. They got a little bulldog, hound, beagle in em.. Fine for any occasion. Tracking, diggin in trash, pullin trash in yard, eatin 4 wheeler seats, etc. Free to good home.

That hurts. But I have to stick up for the pups. I mean did anyone actually see them causing all this distruction? It might be the cat framing them.:ph34r:

·
Registered
790 Posts
Call me mean but I'm backing Buckfever on this one. Life is tough enough without worrying what you are going to come home to. I would not shoot them but they would have a new home address. I guess you could crate them while not at home but that kind of destruction would be too much for me.:no:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts