Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on stand at 5 am waiting for daylight and legal shooting time ( 7:09am) at around 6:15 two Does come on the field . Great now I just need to wait for legal shooting time to fill my Doe tag. I watch the Does until 6:48 when a truck comes down the road behind my stand. The truck slows and I am thinking keep moving so you don't spook these deer man. When I hear a gunshot and see a muzzle blast fromthe truck window. The guys in the truck jump out grab a wheel barrow from the back and haul my Doe off.'Mind you it is still 20 minutes to Legal shooting time. I was needless to say angry as heck. I chose to stay on stand and not cause a direct confrontation with guns in hand for safey but got the license plate.mThe guy was parked right behind my truck so he knew someone was hunting the field.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
you gotta report them if you dont your doing a diservice to all the ethical hunters and if you dont they will continue harming our great sport.imagine how you would of felt if that was a monster buck you were watching.if you had your cell i would of called right there and then.

·
Registered
134 Posts
REPORT THEM NOW MAKE THEM PAY i am really getting tired of this kind of thing this happens all over pa not to forget all the jerks that trespassed on my land this year i let i first two go (don't no why) but the last to i call the game officer asap good luck and burn them down

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input. I called the number for the wildlife crimes hotline on the back of my license and reported te in ident and gave them the info I had.

Better yet whentelling a lady at my church about the n indecent she says "I didn't know you hunted" and makes a phone call to her elderly parents who give me permission to use their land 160 acres to hunt. I have permission to develop green fields build blinds manage herd. Land hasn't been hunted since they bought it 20 years back. But is in a good area for deer in West Kansas.

·
Registered
32 Posts
REPORT THEM!!

I had a similar confrontation in the woods a few years back. And, like you did not cause a scene.
Ended up this guy was nothing but trouble and the poaching habits were observed by many others. The officials stopped me once and thought I was this poacher. We talked things over and cleared my name and he informed me they (the DNR) were doing a huge investigation.

They caught him eventually, drugs, stolen guns, poaching...lots of bad news with this guy.
Clean up your area, it feels good to know jerks like this are behind bars.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
I agree with everyone on here-- you have to REPORT THEM immediately. Next time, Don't wait, call the law quickly. It's always best if the law can catch them in the act! You could've told them that these guys were armed and dangerous, and had half the county sheriffs looking for them! These people need to be held accountable. Just think if you had been sitting in direct aim of their rifle? You may not be here today telling us this situation! Or even worse, if your son/daughter was sitting in direct aim. Think about that!! And if not YOU, maybe some other kid down the road!?!?! I think poaching w/a firearm should have a minimum of 1 year in prison. ANYONE ELSE???

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Thanks for the input. I called the number for the wildlife crimes hotline on the back of my license and reported te in ident and gave them the info I had.

Better yet whentelling a lady at my church about the n indecent she says "I didn't know you hunted" and makes a phone call to her elderly parents who give me permission to use their land 160 acres to hunt. I have permission to develop green fields build blinds manage herd. Land hasn't been hunted since they bought it 20 years back. But is in a good area for deer in West Kansas.
:pickle::pickle: Good things happening!! I love it when you can find some unhunted land that you are able to work with.. That could be a golden find and a future honey hole. Congrats on that.

Im also tipping my hat to you for reporting them.. I would've been tempted to take out their truck tires while they using the wheel barrel to get their deer.. You did the right thing.. Dont know how calm I would have handled that..

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:pickle::pickle: Good things happening!! I love it when you can find some unhunted land that you are able to work with.. That could be a golden find and a future honey hole. Congrats on that.

Im also tipping my hat to you for reporting them.. I would've been tempted to take out their truck tires while they using the wheel barrel to get their deer.. You did the right thing.. Dont know how calm I would have handled that..
So this brings up another question. I amanning on going to this property and finding a clear field dropping a couple hundred pounds of corn in the middle and setting up a ground blind on the edge in some cover for the quick 4 to 6 hunts I will be able to make in the extended Doe season to start the new year.
What can I do now to prepare for next year I will be building shooting houses on the property but how long before the season should I do that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.