Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a couple pics from a job i did recently. had to go underwater and plug off some water pipes so a power plant could change some valves. had to go down about 13' and swim 120' feet through a 4' pipe. kinda freaky at first.

Attachments

G

·
that I need to be ab

that I need to be able to reasonably except to sell stuff at the UPENE, preferably enough to cover the cost of the trip) and I really want to go to that (won't be able to get to UPEC because the wedding is going to cost us about a grand or two more $$$$, ugh)

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
WHOA!!! I could swim down to the pipe but there's no way I could swim into it. :shocking:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nothing in that pipe but silt. went through the first time fine. turned around to come out and could not see 2".

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
did this job yesterday. my main job is an online leak sealer. we fix leaks under pressure while plants are running. and do no welding. can work on systems from vaccuum up to 5000 psi. these are some pics of 2 --600 psi steamleaks. before and after.

Attachments

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, it is cool. kind of interesting. always something different. we do the leak repair stuff, some diving, hot taps (drilling holes into pipes under pressure, to add onto exsisting systems) and freeze plug pipes.

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
That makes the waterline repairs along the roads that I do look like childs play...you certainly have an interesting job.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yep, have to get right up next to them leaks to fix em. we just stand off to the side alittle.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I had to crawl through some storm drains many years ago to get some measurement for the drain connections
Its creepy for sure

1 - 14 of 14 Posts