Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally put together a flintlock hunt for PA during the second week of January. We will only have 3.5 days to fill tags for meat. Three of us then close up camp for the winter, and end another hunting season. Following weekend Daughter gets married good thing hunting season is over by then!:lol:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Finally put together a flintlock hunt for PA during the second week of January. We will only have 3.5 days to fill tags for meat. Three of us then close up camp for the winter, and end another hunting season. Following weekend Daughter gets married good thing hunting season is over by then!:lol:
With a daughter getting married it's good you still have a sense of humor. I have a daughter getting married in June and so far i have not had much to laugh about. I offered an all expense paid week in the Virgin Islands if they would elope but that was a no go.:crybaby: Man I could have 3 or 4 nice hunting trips all over the country for what a wedding cost.:crybaby::crybaby:

BTW have a great hunt!

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
Does your Daughter enjoy Gambling??? :w00t: I heard that If you can ship them to "Vegas", They can get married for just a few hundred bucks. :whistling:

VEGAS WEDDINGS <-Prices

·
Registered
773 Posts
my dads big time into flintlocks. he just made a few days ago two leather pices for it to cover the top of the gun so he can hunt in the rain with it.( he did have a name for them I just cant remimber. we even took them to the amish community to get the leather stiched up in a few spots so that he can seal them up.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Bruce, I tried the vegas thing and I tried the island gig. Nope. I could to go to Africa hunting for what this wedding is costing.
The only thing I know to call that leather peice is a frizzen cover. The problem with black powder is the dang stuff wants to absorb moisture and turn to soup. Sealing the pan edges with beeswax can help and mixing the 4f pan powder with a product called oldbones can extend the life of the priming powder but I choose not to prime the pan untill ready for a shot if its misting or snowing out. Heavy rain and I stay indoors. One mor tip, drill out the factory barrel flash hole, several drill bit sizes, for better ignition.
On the Fly, I like your dad's choise on muzzleloaders.

·
Registered
14 Posts
cows knee

for the record I will let On_the_fly know that those leather covers for a flintlock are called cows knees. real simple to make.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts