Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some pics of making caves, riding the 4 wheeler and pulling the kids around on the improvised sled, which happened to be the best one ever.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
Snowstorms are pains in the butts but we always manage to find ways to enjoy it all, everyone here sure is enjoying it... :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Great pics Timberghost I like the action shot on the speeding four wheeler. very cool, excuse the pun :D

Man you guys got a lot of snow, we might get 1" today and you would think there is a blizzard comming to town the way people are acting.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Right on Buckshot.. You probably couldnt find a gallon of milk at the store right now..

Cool pics TG.. I have a question.. What kind of sled is that? We always tied a rope to the back of a 4-wheeler, got a garbage can lid, sat on the lid and held the rope. It was fun but you couldnt put more than 1 on a lid. I like the mattress looking thing you have going on there.

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
That's a tumbling mat used for gymnastics and stuff. I use it for pee wee football when teaching the beginners proper form tackling and allowing them to fall without smacking the ground hard. It has a rough, tacky side that sticks to the ground or floor and wont move easily and a tough, thick, plastic side for the tumbling/falling. Well I use it upside down and the kids clothes just kinda stick to it without really needing to hold on but they will still wipe out though. The plastic side glides across the snow so smooth it's awesome. I'm going to take it down a hill and see how good it goes. Oh, when my sister in law brings her boyfriend up from Florida in the winter time I scare the beejeezees out of him when we go out somewhere and I drive. Once he said that when he was in Atlanta, Ga. they got like a dusting or an inch of snow and shut the whole city down. Don't know the truth to it all but that is what he said.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Well I have no tumbling mat around the house so that idea is out. If we got snow a little more often I would definitly have to look into to something like that.

Your sis in laws boyfriend is right on. We received about 1/4 of an inch here. Schools was called off for both Thurs and Fri. And on my way home today there were 3 cars in the ditch cuz these morons around here dont know how to drive when its a little slick. Its no joke, we just had a forecast for snow for Thursday and they called off school the day before. When I was younger we actually had more snow so folks around here were more used to it. Nowadays they got that deer in the headlight look when their is snow falling.

·
Registered
602 Posts
looks like them younguns are having a ball. :pickle: i grew up in Michigan---don't miss the snow. did have alot of fun in it though.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Pretty cool TG, we use to pull a car hood behind a jeep. You could put 4 people on it. Probably not a smart thing these days but is was a load of fun. Good picts!!

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
that's amazing, we used a car hood too when I was a kid, dad used to pull us around with the snowmobile or the Jeep on a frozen lake Champlain
and yes there was always plenty of ice always a foot or more but even if we did crash throught the ice the water in that area was only about 3 foot deep but man that was so much fun !!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts