Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All done till spring turkey.And in the tundra in buffalo that seems like an eternity.still shoot the bow everyday and may go on a dont laugh (game preserve pheasant hunt) at some point to break up the winter.This is the longest stretch of the year dark at 4:30,5:00 pm,allright im done:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
I hear ya Spiker I am doing a Russian boar hunt on Christmas eve then maybe some coyote hunting till the 1st of the year. then I am waiting to see what the state does about its BASM if it goes though I am not getting my firearms license just getting the Bow which means Spring turkey is out also for me here cheaper for me to get a VT non resident which I am thinking of doing & hunt NY also
this State is losing hunters every year & they may see a huge drop in sales if this happens

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
gfdeputy2, I haven't read enough about it to conclude anything solid yet but if BASM goes thru I hope they only apply it in the areas where it's needed.
And forgive me for saying this because it's not a popular belief by some hunters but I think this might be an attempt by the State of NH
to increase a Bucks headgear and if that's their intention and if BASM goes through you'll see it applied throughout the entire state and
I don't think that would be a good idea at all...
NH's hunting conditions are as fragile as Vermonts any changes under our current hunting conditions are risky...

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Our bow and rifle camp groups in PA all went home empty for the first time ever! If this is an indication of antler restriction and doe management then it failed in our area. Every year we have seen fewer deer numbers and now no harvesting at all. One buck was kill last year. It's sad and as I have reported caused me great pain as I have 38 seasons there and to leave and hunt another State and start all over, I don't know. In Jan I head down to hunt with son at college in S. Ohio, normally I would be in PA flintlock hunting. Maybe I've already made the decision??? Leaving a beautiful hunting camp and hunting area is a really tough decision... Right now I think PA made some serious errors in their plans to improve the quality of harvested bucks and overall herd quality. We'll see.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
You guys come on down to Tennessee and I'll put you on a deer, we're still hunting until Jan 15th.

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
Bruce I believe that is exactly their objective
to increase headgear took a survey in Nov. they were to review results yesterday. I am not for it either & if it passes the state will be getting less of my money
I will be Bowhunting NH, VT & NY only which means No turkey as we have to buy spring & fall as one, No bear tag, No ML ect... saving me at least $70 (Have to purchase fireams license in order to get these tags) so if I am limited to 3 doe days w/ a firearm & now a poss. antler restriction & we have few deer to start out with + License fees increasing every year
I might as well get a hunting game for my daughters wii & hunt from the couch

gfdeputy2, I haven't read enough about it to conclude anything solid yet but if BASM goes thru I hope they only apply it in the areas where it's needed.
And forgive me for saying this because it's not a popular belief by some hunters but I think this might be an attempt by the State of NH
to increase a Bucks headgear and if that's their intention and if BASM goes through you'll see it applied throughout the entire state and
I don't think that would be a good idea at all...
NH's hunting conditions are as fragile as Vermonts any changes under our current hunting conditions are risky...

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dont believe in all this antler restriction nonsense let somebody shoot what they want.I dont want a 5.5 old deer to eat i want a 1.5 yr old.You want to increase the herd cut down on doe permits,plain&simple.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
You guys come on down to Tennessee and I'll put you on a deer, we're still hunting until Jan 15th.

Replace the word Tennessee with MISSOURI! We have muzzleload season starting tomorrow morn (but I don't muzzleload hunt) and archery is still going on until the 15th of Jan!

Went out yesterday in the fresh snow (we only got about 2 in) and found lots of tracks. One set in particular is HUGE, big nice buck i'm sure. Unfortunately, the spots I had my trail cameras on were not in use the past 2 weeks! errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!:crybaby:

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Im in the same state as Buckshot so Im still looking forward to nice portion of the season being left. It goes back to rifle this morning but I have to work on my driveway and other stuff today.

I really looking forward to after the first of the year. Took some vacation time from work so I can spend a few more days in the woods.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.