Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I'm going whitetail hunting over Thanksgiving break, and I'm still debating which ammunition to use. I have Remington Core-Lokt pointed soft point, and I have Winchester Super-X. I've taken both out to the range and have gotten pretty much the same grouping with each bullet. I am just curious to see what your opinions of either of these rounds are.

Thanks,

Josh

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
Ammo choice is determined by what you think is grouping the best for you.
The brand shouldn't matter. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I agree with BB, most new ammo is so good just select ones that shoot well in your gun for the critters you're going after.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have had better groupings with the Rem Core Lokts in my rifles. I do use Winchester Sabots in my Win shotgun. In my area the Core Lokts are cheaper than the Super-X and most stores carry Core Lokt but not always Super-X.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
the best is whatever the gun likes best

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
I have a Rem 710 30-06 and from day 1 I've been using the Rem Core Lokt and it shoots very well. Although I haven't tried any others either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Winchester or Remington Ammo?

If you gropings are the same use the least expensive ammo. It doesn't take that much to down a deer, but shot placement is critical.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you gropings are the same use the least expensive ammo. It doesn't take that much to down a deer, but shot placement is critical.

·
Registered
16 Posts
the best advice to give you is since they both group well and are good choices for deer use whichever you have the most faith in after all it's ultimately just you the rifle/rounds and possibly the buck of a lifetime whatever you are comfortable with will allow you to make good shot placement which is the key iwould suggest shooting at different ranges to make sure they do hold the same group good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts