Deer Hunting Forums banner

Win Model 70 7mm rem mag - Scope help

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Karl.Luhr 
#1 ·
I'm wondering what size scope rings I should use with this rifle. I have a Leupold VX-1 scope, I'm going to use the Dual Dovetail mounts and rings. SO should I use low, medium, or high?

#4 ·
We'll need to know the scope model too, to be able to give you some advice. If it's a VX-I 3-9x40, then medium height rings should work fine. If it's a 2-7x33 or 1-4x20 then lows should be fine. If the objective lens is over 40mm, then you may need high rings.

#7 ·
Watch for enough tube length on your scope...

The Win 70 long action has some distance between the mounting holes for the scope mounts. On mine I have always had the reversible front and rear Redfield style bases. These give you the option of bringing your scope rings farther back toward you. With the double dovetail system it is stronger but you may not have as much choice in the scope's position. Some scopes have long tubes with a straight tube length of over 6 inches. As long as you don't go real large with the front objective you have alot of adjustment to play with. Most people are not as fussy as I am about getting a scope positioned back toward me.

Karl

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.