Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wanting to do a wild boar bow hunt, anyone ever been on one? Does anyone know of a outfitter or tract of land in Ohio that offers one?

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Ive been on one in the state of AL several years ago. Hogs did not excite me at all like deer do. I dont think I will ever pay to hog hunt again.

I know some folks that like hunting them with dogs and hunting them that way may be more exciting. (i dont know) All I do know is hunting them from a tree stand was not all that great. Would much rather stalk or use dogs.

Hogs are growing in population everywhere. I ran into some guys in AL last year that are begging folks to come shoot them off their land.

If you can find a farmer in your state that has a hog problem he will be more than willing to let you shoot all you want. They are a very disruptive animal.

Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A few friends and I are wanting to go sometime here in the near future. I found a place just across the border in Western Pa that seems pretty cheap compared to others I have looked at. I will have to post a link later when on the home computer. It ran somewhere around 600 bucks no matter what size hog you took and no trophy fees I beleive. It has been something Ive wanted to do for awhile now as well.

·
Registered
602 Posts
$600.00 to kill wild hogs?? holy cow am i missing out on some cash. Down here in florida a real good guided spot and stalk hog hunt will run ya anywhere from $175.00 to about $400.oo . There are some more expensive outfitters around, but being i live here and guide hog hunts on the weekends, i know what to look for in a hog outfitter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts