Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With bow season not too far off, just wondering who all has started to let a few fly? I usually dont until the middle of June.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
i have not shot since my hog hunt trip and i think that was around the end of Feb. I need to break it out the case though.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
cant right now but im dying too

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got mine out yesterday and shot a few. I am going to get a new target today. The field point tipped arrows were goin straight through the cheap styrofoam target. I am goin to try a new layered target.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
i got one at gander mt last season for 25$

·
Registered
30 Posts
I didn't get one. I wanted to get The Block 4x4 but they were all out. They sold there last one earlier that morning. I can make do with the styrofoam targets for a little while longer.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
the store brand one for 25$ works great give it a try

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
i need to get me 1 of those too. im still using one of those that is made of that glue they use on the backs of carpet. it seems like it weighs a 1000 pounds and once that arrow is shot into it, its an act of congress to pull it out.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
i need to get me 1 of those too. im still using one of those that is made of that glue they use on the backs of carpet. it seems like it weighs a 1000 pounds and once that arrow is shot into it, its an act of congress to pull it out.
thats funny:thumbup:

·
Registered
87 Posts
You could probably buy it from them off the net and check to see how much shipping is and they would send it to ya.Not sure about the cost but may be worth checkin into.
I have been practicing already and this is my first bow and I hope I get a chance to take one with it this year.Got my spot picked out but I need ta get me a stand put up still.Picked up a used high country bow from Archery talk forum that seems to shoot pretty good.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I bought a layered target for $50 today from Rural King. It is a Morrell. It has been raining sense I got home with it. I'm not complaining about the rain the corn, alfafa, and other crops really needed some rain here in IN. Let you all know how this target performs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been shooten for about a month butt I just got that new bow from pse spend more time looken for arrows Its got a mean backwall quarter inch and the cam rolls over then it slaps my wrist butt over all pretty happy gained about a hundred feet per sec

·
Registered
3 Posts
me about a month now got a new bow sunday about a week ago still trying to decide if Ill use it this year 64 days till bow season seems like tom:wacko: orrow

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been trying to get at least some shots every day. Bowhunting is brand new to me and I really enjoy planting arrows into the target.
I have the $15.00 styrofoam job from Wal-Mart, aka Wally World, they also have the layered foam but the next investment for me will be the deer target with the removable vitals. I think that will really test what I can acan;t do with the bow.
Stats: 3 arrows, 10" dia, 25 yards
Is that decent?

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
hey guston i think your saying your getting 10 inch groups at 25 yds. is that decent? for a newcomer to bow hunting yes. for a deer hunter in the woods i would say no. 3 inch groups is more reasonable for a hunter in a stand.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts