Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a new digital scouting camera this year. I have an infared camera now and am not to thrilled with the pics. Does the flash of a digital camera really scare deer? A staff member at my pro shop told me he thinks it was more the sound of the 35mm film winding than the flash and if I go digital with a flash I'll be okay.:confused:

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
Try cuddebackdigital.com, there's a new camera called the no flash. I guess it's supposed to be the hot new item out from cuddeback.

·
Registered
13 Posts
In my experience I don't think it bothers them as much as they say it might. I have a Moultrie camera, and it has a flash on it. And I have pictures of an 8 point buck that has come back 5 times to the area. Not to mention multiple does. I have no experience in the infared area, those cameras are a bit pricey for me. I am sure they work well though.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Re.scouting Camera

I Have 2 Moultree Scouting Cameras One Is The 4.0 W/flash And The Other Is The 6.0 No Flash And At Fist The Deer Are Alittle Jumpy But They Will Get Used To It.i Think The No Flash Would Be The Way To Go But The Flash Is Very Good To.the Only Thing With The No Flash Is The Night Pictures Are Black And White.my Father Has The Cuddeback And Doesn't Like It And Is Planning To Buy The Moultree 6.0 No Flash

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the Moultrie 4.0 with flash. I have repeatedly been visited by a 10 point, and an 8 point, they don't seem to mind it a bit, several does all within close proximity of the camera and they are still there 5 minutes later when it takes the next picture. Not sure how well the IR works, never have owned one.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I Think Its What Everr You Want To Use In The Field.i Just Prefer The Digital Camers.the Picture Type Is Also Good.i'm Just To Lazy And Cheap To Get Film Developed.i Have Tryied The 35mm Type And It Worked Good Then Went To Digital And Just Never Went Back.

·
Registered
517 Posts
To Add Also Is With Digital Cameras You Get Alot More Pictures.i Have Gotten Over 300 Pictures In One Week.so 35mm Cameras Is Not Ideal For Me Anyways.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
i ve seen online where they came up with solar power units for the trail cameras.and some you can even check em from home:confused: wow too space age for me:yucky:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
camera info.

this is the set up thats being raved about at another site i belong to and the pics were incredible It's a MOULTRIE GAME SPY 4.0 GAME CAMERA. It sells at Wal-Mart for $99.00 and at Academy Sports and Outdoors stores for $89.00. Easy to set up and no problems as of yet. It will also take 10 second video clips. I have one set up on a feeder that is taking the video clips. Have yet to see the results. This camer is pretty easy on batteries as well.

4.0 megapixel digital camera
16 MB built-in memory
Supports up to 4 GB SD memory card
45-ft. flash
Requires six "D" batteries, sold separately

·
Registered
517 Posts
CHECK OUT SPORTSMANS GUIDE THEY HAVE THE BUCKEYE CAM PC BASED TRAIL CAMERA THAT YOU CAN COLLECT YOUR PICTURES FROM THE SEAT OF YOUR PANTS FROM UP TO 5 MILES AWAY.AWSOME!!!BUT IT WILL COST 2000.00:confused:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
"Ahhh huston we have a huge buck ""looks to be be a 12 pointer" over:wacko:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I could get into the solar camera but I'm with you on the high tech send it to your computer models. I can't even get a cell phone signal where I hunt so I doubt if those high tech cameras would work anyhow.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts