Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to choose a magazine subscription for my hunting brother in law for Christmas - but have no idea which one might be best! He is in Montana, hunts with both bow and rifle, and hunts mostly deer and elk. This year he had a moose tag, but I don't think he got one. He has also hunted mountain goat.

Any of you guys have a suggestion?

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Do you know which ones he already has?

You can always go with some of the popular ones like

Field and Stream, Outdoor Life, Petersons Bow Hunting or Deer and Deer hunting.

Check out this link. You can find alot. If you know his particular interest pretty well go with a magazine that targets it. For example his bow hunting or deer hunting interest. Field and Stream and OUtdoor Life are pretty broad based.

Bowhunting Magazine Subscription - Hunting & Fishing - Magazines.com Magazine Subscriptions

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
i get em all i think any one would be a good choice:thumbup:

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
North American Hunter, Buckmasters, Deer and Deer Hunting those are some of my Fav's...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mags are OK but get really repetive after youve hunted for a number of years. Get him some new gear or a couple of boxes of shells and tell him about this and other forums. I've hunted for longer than I want to admit and get more and better info from forums than I ever did reading about Jackie Bushman and his friends on their guided "hunts". I often wonder why when on TV, the guide is nearly always in "street dress" and the hunter beside him is all cammoed out?????

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the good ideas - I think I'll go with Deer & Deer Hunting + a gift card to his favorite sportsman's store. Honestly, this 42 year old mother from California had no idea where to go with this gift!!:wallbash:

If I were a hunter, I'd hang out here, and I'll be sure to tell my brother in law about it too!

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
D&D is a fine publication one of the best in my opinion.tell everyone bout us we're trying to grow:ibtl:

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
Thanks for the good ideas - I think I'll go with Deer & Deer Hunting + a gift card to his favorite sportsman's store. Honestly, this 42 year old mother from California had no idea where to go with this gift!!:wallbash:

If I were a hunter, I'd hang out here, and I'll be sure to tell my brother in law about it too!
Good Choice's and Welcome to the Club. you're always welcome to join in anytime & hang out with us too, hunting forum's aren't just for men ya know... :smile:

·
Registered
957 Posts
I get Quality Whitetails it is published by the QDMA I also get North American Hunting.I also like Big Game Adventures but it hard to find here anymore,I guess thats what happens when you let your subscription run out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HA! They all got a great kick out of imagining me entering the hunting forums for ideas - but you're right, he did appreciate the effort!

Cori

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
Congratulations, now try to Imagine their faces if you decide to Enroll in the next Hunter Safety Class,
so you can be ready to hunt the next Hunting Season. lol :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
glad we could help point him him over to the sight we always want new people:thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts