Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I determined to pick a Matthews as my next bow. Does anybody else think i should get any other bow? What bow would you reccomend???

·
Registered
58 Posts
honestly im a fan of Fred Bear archery, its had mine for over a year and i think it shoots like a dream :D and its ALOT cheaper then mathews lol

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have heard of a lot of great things about the Bowtech General. Shoots great, little to no noise vibration. Not as pricy as the Mattews either. Outdoor Life Magazine rated it "CONSUMER'S CHOICE" and "EDITOR'S CHOICE" for bows 2008. Though that could be taken many waysI guess. It is also only about $600 campared to a Mattews $$$$$. Never shot one or know of anyone that has one though.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
There is only 1 truly great bow MATHEWS :whistling: Bowtech would be #2, followed by Hoyt. Just my opinion so post your's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a Hoyt Katera my friend has a Bowtech Admiral my Hoyt is about 15lbs. less than his bow and stills shoots just as fast with same arrows. my bow is a lot smoother also. I had Matthews a while back and I would definately recommend Hoyt.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
that one that fits you best and you can afford:wink:

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I would buy a used high end bow before i would buy a middle of the road new bow. I just went through a giant headache trying to to that for my son. I didn't have the $ to go to Mathews and ended up after two equipment failures on brand new bows and then a personal dislike on a third we settled on a fourth bow. Mind you it was still almost $600.00 but its no Mathews. Take a look on E-bay and see what bow holds the greatest used value...... There's a reason. I'm not bashing other bows! As others have said buy the best you can afford, look at quality used bows and make a decision.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i shoot an old matthews feather lite, but i bought a brand new bear instinct last year and sold it within a week or two.. in my mind there is only one bow... matthews... the rest are just toys heheh

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hoyt

Everyone I hunt with shoots a hoyt so i am a little bias when i say that they are by far he best and you should buy a hoyt... your best bet is to shoot as many different types as you can to find the one that fits you right

·
Registered
195 Posts
Mathews claims they are #1.here's how they are.they give their bow to every pro who will shoot it.that's why they cost so much.pse,bear,hoyt are all great bows.but,i would not own a mathews for that reason.are they the best?that's up for argument.shoot what feels good to you.don't buy a mathews because everyone has one.you decide.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Mathews is the best bow I've ever owned and I've had many over the years. They hold their value better than any other bow out there, just follow E-Bay, that should tell you something about their quality. There's nothing wrong with the top bows from other companies. However, If you're downing a Mathews bow without ever owning one, give me a break!

·
Registered
190 Posts
i shoot a bowtech gaurdian and love it but i would shoot a couple different one and see which you like just because i think bowtech is great you may hate it so try to shoot a few different ones and see what best suits you and your needs

·
Registered
195 Posts
I am not downing mathews at all.all i am saying is that mathews wins the most tournaments.so people assume mathews is the best.they simply win, because more pro's are paid to shoot them.i am not saying that mathews is not the best.i don't know.all i'm saying is that don't be single minded.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I agree, try different bows in your price range and purchase what works best. There are several top bows out there, Mathews is just one. I personally like their products and will buy from them again.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I will now send out a subliminal encripted message..... "buy MATHEWS". Most of you will not actually see the message, only those wishing to purchase the best bow on the market will see it. :whistling::ph34r: Now that's funny even if you own a hoyt!:surprised: I haven't even had my coffee this morning.:no:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts