Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah iam new to the site and i have a few questions. this hunting season started off well, with a doe and 8point whitetail opening weekend. Now it seems like the deer are gone. there not eating from my food plot and there not eating the corn from the feeder. kinda wandering if they are staying deeper in the woods and eating acorns? before season opened i couldnt keep corn on the ground, now there not eating it. i can see tracks, rubs and scrapes, but not seeing any deer. can anybody shine some light on my situation...

thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they have probably seen to much preshure and have gone nocturnal.
Well the thing is if the pressure was to high and they went nocturnal, how come there still not eating corn or from my food plot. i can see evidence of the walking by and have not seen anything. i know there coming by, just why arnt they stopping...

G

·
are the acorns on the ground? i think they know when a food source is ready to be eaten and abandon other sources to get it while its there. there is a little mushroom that grows in the pines around here and the deer will bail on any other source to get these mushrooms for the couple weeks they are there. maybe something like this has happened to you. they should be back when the food runs out.... if the corn is still standing. find the other source if not for now, for the future.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
are the acorns on the ground? i think they know when a food source is ready to be eaten and abandon other sources to get it while its there. there is a little mushroom that grows in the pines around here and the deer will bail on any other source to get these mushrooms for the couple weeks they are there. maybe something like this has happened to you. they should be back when the food runs out.... if the corn is still standing. find the other source if not for now, for the future.
Yeah there are alot of acorns on the ground right now. iam thinking there just going for that. i will just have to keep waiting they will be back, thanks

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
before season opened i couldnt keep corn on the ground, now there not eating it. i can see tracks, rubs and scrapes, but not seeing any deer. can anybody shine some light on my situation...

thanks

Sounds like you're being affected by the Rut, If you ARE seeing (fresh) tracks, rubs and scrapes but the corn isn't getting touched, On your next morning hunt, I would try setting up about 200 to 300 yards East of the corn pile (which should be the direction that puts you deeper into the woods), Deer like to eat before heading into their beds you may get to see them while grabbing those last few bites for the day. Good Luck

·
Registered
190 Posts
i agree with bruce i have heard and seen the deer in our area basicly make a circle but miss the normal feeding areas i know of by about 200-300 yards or less and ill see them eating there they come out of bed move southeast until whatever point then ill see them moving back in moving north west back to bedding area you might try switching where exactly you hunt by a feww hundred yards each day just dont stray to far off the beaten path.another thing is that the bucks might be bedding down with does right now and only come out when they do and the does are on high alert right now here with gun season just ending and such. i would make sure of scent control and move around a little bit every day or so if you have a climber i might even move between morn and afternoon hunts.
just my 2 cents

1 - 10 of 10 Posts