Deer Hunting Forums banner

Whats your preference?

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  scribe 
#1 ·
if you could choose, what would your preference for encounters be?
seeing the deer come from 100 or so yards slowly and diligently down the predetermined trail through your shooting lane.

or see them with just enough time to turn to a good solid shooting stance, determine hes is going to present a shot, and having just enough time left to draw, bleat and shoot.

#3 ·
well im gonna have to say mostly for an average deer big body typicle 8point or big doe i would prefer to watch um come in and injoy watchin um come in, yeah im out there to kill it but i spent more time out there waiting for that moment so i like to enjoy the wildlife
on the other hand if it was some big out of the normal 12 to 16 point or bigger than i would want it to pop up and give me just a few seconds to make a shot because if i had one like that coming in i would probably fuge up and loose my composure in exsitment and make a bad shot tring to hurry a shot or something stupid

#5 ·
I get all unraveled when I am in the stand with a bow and I see a deer, period. and I have had both scenarios to contend with. I have taken a buck after he spent about 10 minutes running around my hunting area chasing a doe, never spending much time in a single spot. after that much time watching them I finally calmed down enough to take a 20 yd shot. and early this season, quite the opposite. I took a buck from a Bachelor group of 2 that happened so fast it was like a blur and everything seemed to go into instinctive mode.

its a tough call to make as a preference, I guess whatever ends in success.

#7 ·
if you could choose, what would your preference for encounters be?
seeing the deer come from 100 or so yards slowly and diligently down the predetermined trail through your shooting lane.

or see them with just enough time to turn to a good solid shooting stance, determine hes is going to present a shot, and having just enough time left to draw, bleat and shoot.

First one for me too

#8 ·
boy that is tough I would like to say the first one so I would have time to calm my nerves but It usually just gets worse for me
I have had good luck with the quick draw steady shoot
so I don't get the time to get all worked up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.