Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Type make ect....
I love primos calls most all my calls are primos but my Fav. call is my slate the freak from Primos it has not let me down since I have owned it have used it on all but one bird I have harvested It is the one call I will not leave the house without

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
I use whatever is made available to me. I mean if I lose one and need another the wife goes and buys any kind and I will use it. Once she got me a no name from the local home and auto store and it worked well. I even had the freak once myself but lost it or broke it or something. That was the one that strapped to your leg right?

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I use whatever is made available to me. I mean if I lose one and need another the wife goes and buys any kind and I will use it. Once she got me a no name from the local home and auto store and it worked well. I even had the freak once myself but lost it or broke it or something. That was the one that strapped to your leg right?
Yes it is I hated the strap but I love the sounds it produces
I too use a gobbler, mouth & box calls but seems the slate never fails to draw that bird in for me

TG I have noticed too sometimes it really doesn't matter what call you use
2 years ago I was scouting & the exhaust heat sheild had a rattle every time I gave the truck some throttle I got Gobbles NO KIDDING I had a tom running down the road behind me tobad I couldn't carry the truck through the woods It would really have been my fav. call

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh I totally agree I am just saying that I am very comfortable w/ my slate
& has produced the best luck for me

·
Registered
388 Posts
My favorite type is the box call. Seems to give me the best sounds. I have a hard time keeping the slate in good condition in the fields since its always so wet in the morning, I always have a box, slate, and a few mouth calls in my turkey vest. I haven't tried a Gobble call buts its on my Turkey Hunting Wish List.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.