Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you drive as your hunting vehicle now and what if anything do you wish you had instead. if you are content what are the big +'s

Right now I am using an7 pass van that has also been doubling as a boyscout transportation vehicle. problem is it is litteraly one wheel drive. No slip posi whatsoever and it gets stuck in my spit if I dont get any velosity on it.

Been looking at f250 4x4 in 2008 then in 2009 then in 2010 and probably again for 2011.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
1988 ford broncoII. 6 inch suspention lift, 3 inch body lift, Dana 35 front end swaped in from a 92 explorer, 4.56 grears and locked front and rear, 35inch boggers on the rear, 35inch DC crushers on the front. hears a pic.

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
Dodge Ram 4X4 hemi equipped gets me to my hunting locations but a fuel injected 650 - 4X4 Bombardier outlander gets me in and out of the woods....

·
Registered
798 Posts
I'm not much into fancy rigs. My go-anywhere, do-anything hunting truck is a 1994 Toyota pickup with a cap. That old 4 cylinder is never going to die! Over the years it has taken me any place I wanted to hunt and back, and in all kinds of nasty Montana weather. I've slept in it and hauled all my camping gear in it, and even filled it with antelope, deer and elk. It ain't much to look at, and doesn't have much power - it just get's the job done. My horse trailer towing truck - and sometimes hunting truck - is a 1995 Ram 2500. And that's it, folks.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I drive a 2008 Ford F250 supercab. Not the crew cab. Diesel with an 8' bed. Love the truck. Plenty of room for all my gear in the back seat. The only thing I want different is 4 wheel drive. Never...I repeat never... buy a diesel that is not 4 wheel drive. I've been stuck 6 times since I bought it. The front end is extremely heavy. For hunting, I'm over trucked. I bought it for a shop truck, I need the towing capacity and the power.

G

·
I'm not much into fancy rigs. My go-anywhere, do-anything hunting truck is a 1994 Toyota pickup with a cap. That old 4 cylinder is never going to die! Over the years it has taken me any place I wanted to hunt and back, and in all kinds of nasty Montana weather. I've slept in it and hauled all my camping gear in it, and even filled it with antelope, deer and elk. It ain't much to look at, and doesn't have much power - it just get's the job done. My horse trailer towing truck - and sometimes hunting truck - is a 1995 Ram 2500. And that's it, folks.
i had an 89 wish i had it back. those 22re motors will run forever. they'll way out last the bodies. come to think of it the guy that had mine before me brought the truck here from mt.

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
2005 Pontiac Grand Prix it is my everyday driver & Yes my hunting rig
What I wish I had: MY TRUCK BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
got rid of it when the gas prices went through the roof it was costing me more in gas going to work then my monthly payment
MAN I MISS MY TRUCK :crybaby::ranting::crybaby::ranting:

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
flexj it looks like your good on the hunting rigs. good pics.

For me i used to use my gas saver nissan frontier 2wd pulling my honda rancher.

Now I use the 01 Dodge Ram 4x4 pulling the 4-wheeler..

If im hunting around the house its just the 4-wheeler..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts