Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone im new to DHC and i have a question that no one that i know can answer so here it is . What is the difference between Pope & Young and Boone & Crocket and how are they scored.

Thanks Mike

G

·
Hi everyone im new to DHC and i have a question that no one that i know can answer so here it is . What is the difference between Pope & Young and Boone & Crocket and how are they scored.

Thanks Mike
pope and young is for archery and boone and crockett is firearm. they are scored the same way. just the number of inches is different to make each's book.

these names are deeply rooted in American history and worth a search to see where the clubs came from.

welcome to the club

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what i thought but in several magazines and books ive seen pics of hunters with deer holding rifles and the caption below said Pope & Young and vice versa so i dont know if they were printed errors or what

G

·
ok they are talking about the number of inches. 125" is called p&y because thats the minimum. 150", i think, is the minimum for b&c. so when someone says booner they are talking about a deer over 150". if they say a pope and young deer its over 125"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts