Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think happend to this doe...and the other doe...maybe crawling under a fence??? Any ideas?

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
ETD that is weird especially on both does in the same area. At first I thought mange, then it looks like some scarring so you may be right on the fence idea. I would have thought other areas might show some hair loss too?? It might be worth having a vet look at them if you have one that won't charge just to look at them.

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
The last pic close up seems like there is some tear lines or scratches. Maybe a barb wire fence along their travel route that they walk constantly. I don't know.

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The last pic close up seems like there is some tear lines or scratches. Maybe a barb wire fence along their travel route that they walk constantly. I don't know.
This area is where we make hay in the summer and it is fenced in and they are in here ALL the time...and they never seem to jump the fence they seem to always go under...

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
"buckburn":w00t::lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
562 Posts
I would guess some kind of parasite. It is either making them lose hair, or causing an itchy spot that the deer are rubbing bald...

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
I was thinking parasite too, maybe flea's, ticks or chiggers. something like that,
I guess the thought of a fence wound is the more obvious but I don't think this was caused by a fence..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts