Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've spent the entire summer getting ready for Novemeber up here in Michigan. I have several stands & ground blinds set up, rifles are sighted in, clothes are ready to go, schedule & spots are planned out however being my only second year hunting I do have one question for all you vets out there. Last year (my first year hunting) the group would go out early and then come in for lunch around noon and then go back out about 3:00. This year I plan on spending all day in the woods and I was wondering what do you guys eat while out in the field. Basically looking for some ideas on foods that obviously don't deter deer, make you tired or cause any bathroom issues and foods that keep you full w/o eating a ton. I'll be in the air in the first part of the day and then move into a ground blind later and thats when I'll eat since I will be more concealed then.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys, sounds like some good ideas, all pretty much stuff I would eat normally. I've always been a big eater of sunflower seeds but I learned last year while I was hunting to not get the salted ones, makes you thirsty as all get out, I think this year I will have to invest in the non-salted ones!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts