Deer Hunting Forums banner

what state produced this fair chase buck?

• Kansas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maine

• Illinois

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Maryland

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Iowa

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • New Hampshire

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Wyoming

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
Maryland I think it was 2006. am I right?

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
Maryland
Wish it was New Hampshire

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
if i remember right, a guy broke the NH record a few years back with a buck shot in bear brook state park. so im going to go out on a limb and say NH.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Charles county, Maryland Shooter was Bill Crutchfield Jr. And I was wrong, it was posted in November 2007 issue of F&S mag.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
shot in 06. a few days before i went to md and hunted with my buddy there. like i said md is like a mini Il, sort of. i figured you md guys would know but bb surprised me. the weird part is i think it weighed about 155 pounds.

the point of me posting this? to show that there are big bucks, bucks with big antlers anyway, in states that are close by and don't cost a lot to hunt. although land access can be an issue in md.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
2006 was a banner year for my gf's son Phillip and myself. I remembered reading about this buck which now I know was taken by Bill Crutchfield jr. in 2006 and ronn you are so right,
I've always said if a hunter really wants to put in the efforts that it takes to score a monster buck he doesn't have to spend a fortune doing it.
There are huge racked bucks taken every year in almost every state and most come from open public hunting lands they probably won't be as big as this one in this picture but each state produces at least one that stands out every year.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ronn your right about big deer, I've got some photos of a 6 point in my back yard that is pretty big. I'm at work but I will post the pictures when I get home tonight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts