Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about getting a new bow. But I want one with a draw weight range of about 10 pounds. From 35-45 maybe. I dont know much about bows does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
If used for hunting check laws for miminum draw weight as you are on the very low end. Many companies sell bows in this draw weight range. Look up Cabela's or Bass Pro for models they sell.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
What do you plan on hunting with your Bow?

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
most states have a mininmum draw weight and yours is pushing that.that said 45lbs will kill a deer dead and be easy to draw.alot of companys are making adjustable bows now but make sure ya dont need a bow press to adjust them or you'll be going back and forth to the pro shop.best advice is to go to your local bow shop and try out the bows they all are basicly the same but you'll know the right one when ya hold it

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
now that ive looked at a few bows 35 is kinda low so im looking for 45-60 maybe

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
that'll get the job done

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have mine set to 55-60lbs and i'm told that's a nice comfortable weight. A lot of people think they need to have as much as they can pull like 80lbs and that's just not necessary. I use a Mathews bow. It's an older model the MQ32 and I am very happy with it. I never have a problem finding accessories for it and it's a nice size and weight. I'd say just do your research and I would agree that 45-60 would be a nice range. Especially if your shooting 15-40 yards.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
good news I finally got a bow. It is a PSE lightning flite bow. The draw weight is at 50. It goes up to 60 pounds

1 - 10 of 10 Posts