Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe that everyone has a passion for a distinct hobby in life.. For a lot of people it can be a specific sport.. They wake up every morning and practice hard, to pick up there game. Well my question is, what is it that drives you to just wake up and go HUNTING.????

· Premium Member
3,335 Posts
I agree with both & to add to them I used to love all types of deer hunting but since I got back into bow hunting a few years ago I have all but givin up on firearm season don't get me wrong I still hunt with a rifle but not everyday like I do bowhunting just love the challenge

· Registered
799 Posts
I love venison and creative methods in preparing it. and its not going to get on my table unless I get up early and go get it. I have spent a lot of money and time over the years in pursuit of deer(some might say, too much) but I wouldn't change anything.

· Registered
1,203 Posts
well i dont get out of bed to hunt in the AM much. i have insomnia. if im still up at that time in the am i will go out. but i dont wake up to go out. so mostly i am a late afternoon hunter. but my reasoning for being a hunter. 1. as HM sead. seeing gods creation in all it glorry is one reason i hunt. 2. also aleady mentioned above, the adrenaline rush of somthing moving in your direction in the woods, hopeing its a deer, and the maga rush if it realy is a deer.; 3. the self soficancy of it. if sociaty as we know it were to seace to exist, and $$$ was useless, i could still provide food for my family, and extera meat for bartering for other essential items, because i know how to hunt form years experiance.

· Registered
96 Posts
1. Taking part in world (whether science based belief or religious belief). You get to be part of something way more powerful and way beyond our scope of understanding.

2. The chase and the adrenalin. Trying to match wits with something that is intelligent and seeing who can win (kinda puts you back in your place in the scope of how little we as humans know).

3.Seeing the results of hard work. Nothing like planting a food plot and managing deer and watching the animals respond.

4. The uncertanty of what will happen each day. You never know what deer will step out, what neat things you might see, etc.

· Registered
295 Posts
Well let me give it some thought. For the first part of my hunting life, it was what we did. It was the way I grew up. We kids played football, rode horses and bulls and we hunted and fished. Then it became both my vocation and my avocation. I hunted for a living and for enjoyment. Then I just did it for a living. Now I am back to doing it for enjoyment.

I go only when I want to and feel like it and if I miss a prime day, it does not bother me a bit. However, I must get outdoors a certain number of days each year or I go bananas. I have gone from hunting over 120 days a year to hunting maybe 20. But there comes a time whent he wife, kids and grandkids get on my nerves and I have to hit the woods. What I kill or if I kill matters not one bit. I enjoy the scouting every bit as much as the hunting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.