Deer Hunting Forums banner

what is everyone shooting??

22K views 76 replies 35 participants last post by  ronn 
#1 ·
i personally shoot a Bowtech. Tomcat. not the most expensive one around but it fit my price range. equipted with a limb driver rest, spot hogg 5 pin sight. shoot gold tip arrows with Tekan II broadheads.

#2 ·
I'll play...

I shoot a Browning Striker that is 9 years old now. Currently equipped with whisker rest and I got a new set of sights this year, but can't remember who makes it. Also use a ~1970 model fiberglass recurve. Using G5 montec broadheads with both.

#3 ·
just getting a feel for what people prefer to shoot. i have noticed on some of the other forums i'm on, it seems to be a regional thing, on preferences of bow hunting equipt. not trying to be to nosy.

G
#4 ·
pse x-force. biscuit and hot dot sight (primary set up) set at 64lbs. or a pse vengeance with biscuit and cobra 5 pin sight i think set at 64lbs. my arrow is a carbon force pro 200 cut to 29 inches and pushing a 85gr montec G5 and 2" blazers vanes. out of the x-force my hunting arrow is going 326fps out of the vengeance 284fps. i'm on the long side so i get a boost in ft per sec.

#5 ·
pse x-force. biscuit and hot dot sight (primary set up). or a pse vengeance with biscuit and cobra 5 pin sight i think. my arrow is a carbon force pro 200 cut to 29 inches and pushing a 85gr montec G5 and 2" blazers vanes. out of the x-force my hunting arrow is going 326fps out of the vengeance 284fps
that x-force is SMOKIN. how does the biscuit work in the cold wet, weather?

G
#6 ·
yea its fast. breaks arrows pretty easy. no problems with the biscuit although i am thinking about a fall away type. the hot dot is a bit of a problem. got to carry a battery and screw driver with you. it goes through batteries pretty quick. for me about 3 per season. and rain on the film can distort the view. on the plus side its no problem seeing the "pin" during low light.

#7 ·
i used a biscuit for awhile. was doing alot of 3-d shoots. and would wear out the biscuits. being left -handed, nobody around here would stock, replacement biscuits. i went with limb driver, drop away. enjoy it very much. i do notice my shooting did improve after changing. that and re-tuning my bow after the change.

G
#8 · (Edited)
HEY KCMOM, Good to

HEY KCMOM, Good to SEE you, although befroe opening the forum, I thought you were someone from Kansas City. *LOL*Our new digs are a bit fancier than the old place, huh ?? . This old dog gets lost and has to go back to the front door often but I'm slowly learning my way around. *LOL*Dina B.

#16 ·
I don't have one yet, but just shot a bow for the first time today at Bass Pro Shops. I was killing time waiting for the local mall to open up. I think that was a mistake shooting that bow because now I'm trying to figure out how to get the funds together to buy one. That was fun and I can see how it can become addicting!!

G
#17 ·
I don't have one yet, but just shot a bow for the first time today at Bass Pro Shops. I was killing time waiting for the local mall to open up. I think that was a mistake shooting that bow because now I'm trying to figure out how to get the funds together to buy one. That was fun and I can see how it can become addicting!!
now imagine a getting yourself in position to have a deer at 20 yards, be able to draw, and deal with all the factors to place that arrow in the crease. got to love bow hunting. plus the season is a long one.

#32 ·
PSE Firestorm Lite, Quick tune 360 rest, 29" carbon Express, 100 gr Muzzy = 298 fps
The afformentioned bow is now on backup status.
I just bought a new bow this afternoon and I cant wait to set it up and start shooting. The PSE X-Force Treestand GX has until today been a ghost. I have not been able to find one physically, and even online info has been scarce.

All online pricing that I have been able to find has been right around $1000.00. I picked it up for $580.00. And I got the last one this store had.

Man, I cant wait!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.