Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
yep and porcupines.there full of sodium i think .you can go looking for em too lots of people do it

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
sodium calcium i knew it was one of those iums :yes:

·
Registered
92 Posts
yes finding deer antlers can be trick if you dont go at the right time of year or know where to look.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
i you can legally feed your deer do it in a trough where they have to stick there heads under a length of pipe it'll break em off when its time for them to fall off.all the sheds you good ever want the easy way:thumbup:

·
Registered
182 Posts
i you can legally feed your deer do it in a trough where they have to stick there heads under a length of pipe it'll break em off when its time for them to fall off.all the sheds you good ever want the easy way:thumbup:
hopefully they dont hit it too hard lol

·
Registered
90 Posts
They ate mine

Yeah squirrels will eat em if they get a chance. The racks have a high nutritional value. I left the rack of my 11pt I killed two years ago out to let it rot and dry in order to make a skull mount. I recently went out to get the rack to see if it was ready to mount it....on the left side of the rack the G3 and G4 were completely eaten off at the base. Live and Learn!

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
next time put it in a wire cage or metal garbage can

·
Registered
90 Posts
yeah i will. We normally leave all of our racks out and living in the woods with plenty of acorns and other food sources has kept any of the racks from being eaten before. But with the lack of natural food in the woods this yr , mainly because of the drought, we have had several racks show signs of nibbling.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
yeah i will. We normally leave all of our racks out and living in the woods" yeah does that mean they are still attached to the deer walking around:shocking::lol::lol::lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts