Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is taking up hunting if she can stop shopping.... (it will save me thousands). She has a loaner for this year but I was wondering what ya'll would recommend?

Most of our hunting is 100 yards in, but she will be on the highline some so there is multiple opportunities for a shot upto 250 yds.

Anything lighter than a .270. That kicks a little to hard for her.

· Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow. I am going to start hitting the pawn shop. Hopefully I will find something special for her. If not I guess I could buy her a new one.

What about the 26-06? That is one that my Father-in-law reccomends. Any experience with that?

· Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I already know she can outshoot me. It is in her genes. My Father-in-law is a shooting freak. I had her try my .270 and she put a shot touching but inside mine at 100 first try. She could only see half a scope because the eye releif - long butt of the rifle.

· Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Got her a H & R 243 youth. The bull barrel and my Father-in-law's blessing sealed the deal.

Sighted it in christmas and had the honor of wearing a idiot bump from the scope. The youth part got me. I just could not stay back from the scope. Put a 1" pad on it and that helped a lot. She is happy. I am happy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.