Deer Hunting Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have been using a Taurus Raging Bull 454 for the last two years.
I think it was three or four hogs last year and I haven't used it so far this year.
Here is a few from last year.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
That Taurus is an awesome setup and gets the job done very well too. :w00t:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I plan on getting my first deer with the Taurus Raging Bull 454 this year.
I got up in the stand the other day and had a try at 80 yards without sand bags to rest on.
The scope is set at 30 yards,, so I had to shoot about 12" low to get this.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
I plan on getting my first deer with the Taurus Raging Bull 454 this year.
I got up in the stand the other day and had a try at 80 yards without sand bags to rest on.
The scope is set at 30 yards,, so I had to shoot about 12" low to get this.

Capt Rick Hiott, This is a really decent group for any handgun at 80 yards but it I wouldn't accept this is as being the best grouping I could do, I hope you plan on improving your accuracy before attempting to shoot at any deer in the 80 yard range.
Deer are extremely tough animals and knowing deer rarely offer up perfect shots to anyone, You'd hit the deer but chances are you'd only wound it causing it to bound off never to be found.

Good Luck and I hope you bag your first handgun Deer! :thumbup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
O-yeah,,,I plan on using the sand bag the next time. Im 100% sure I can do better than this. The gun was moving from side to side when I was holding it,,Im sure the sand bags will help.

I also think I should set the scope at 50-60 yards instead of 30. That would be a happy medium. I shoot it more at 30 yards than 80-100

Im not into wounding deer,,,I like them to drop right there!!!!!!

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
I think resetting the scope is a super idea, i think a midway point like 40 yards will make you a happy handgunner for sure. :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
986 Posts
this is my bear gun. gonna try for a deer this year. Ruger super redhawk .480cal.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
that is a nice hand cannon & some nice hogs there

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've hunted the last several years with my S&W 629-4 Classic with an Ultra 4-Dot mounted on it.

Steve

41 - 51 of 51 Posts