Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This hunt was earlier in the season.. My sister in law took pics with her camera that I was waiting on to put on here.. Good hunt all the way around..

I went with my bro-in-law on his place during muzzleloader. He had yet to take a deer so we wanted to get #1 under his belt. About 30 mins after daylight he has a couple does and a small buck a couple hundred yards off. He is watching them and happens to hear something behind him coming down field. Long story short he shoots and takes his first deer. A nice 8 pointer. He had never experienced the "buckfever" before and had his knees and hands shaking and the whole nine yards. He said he couldnt type a text message. Very exciting hunt for him. About fifteen mins after that he had a small buck and decent one come into the same field. After a couple mins he texted me and said the decent buck was cautious and headed back up the ridge. I got my grunt tube out and hit it a couple times and 30 seconds later I had a deer on the ground. I could hear the guy running to me. I had thick brush directly in front of me. He stops to the left (15 yards at my 11 o'clock) of the thick stuff, throws his nose in the air for a split second and heads on down at a angle to his right. 2 steps is about all he made it because at my 10 o'clock the T/C fired. He went down about 10 steps later. Very exciting due to the fact that I got to double up with a good friend who got his first deer.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
Congratulations both of you... 2 Awesome Bucks right there!

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Picked up my bro in laws deer today and the plague mount that I got made out of mine. Hopefully he will get on here while he is Iraq so he can get a look see at what it looks like. Looking forward to you making it back to the house Leroy. Lot of baccer needs spitting and smoked while the wives cook us supper. :biggrin:

·
Registered
25 Posts
gottem

couple of good lookin deer there. the mounts turned out pretty good, gonna look good hangin on the wall. look forward to getting a hunt in when i get back

·
Registered
799 Posts
Awesome. that's what hunting is all about in its finest hour.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
awesome pair of wall hanging memories.. Congratulations again you guys!

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Many years ago, my Dad and Brother and I all had our bucks by noon the 1st day in PA. I shot my buck from the same stand as my Brother did 1 hour apart. This only happened the 1 time in over 20 years of the 3 of us hunting together.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts