Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Im new here and looking for information on wasp spray. Several years ago I was in a club with a guy who had his pesticide license. He brought with him a wasp spray that was so good he sprayed a nest in one corner of a shooting house and wasps fell dead out of a nest on the other side. I saw it myself or I wouldn't believe it. They did not get pissed and fly around or anything. They dropped straight out DEAD. I am now in another club and can not find the person's contact information but we have a person in the club with both commercial herbicide and pesticide license who said he would buy it if I could find out what it was. Does anyone here know? As I remember the smell was not near as strong as raid.

·
Registered
799 Posts
WD-40!!

believe it or not, works better that ANY pesticide I have ever used.
Try it on a nest, you'll see.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. I will look into the suggestions. If someone comes along who has any other ideas please chime in. I know most of pesticides are a combination of 2 or more chemicals and vary in strength. The one thing that bothers me is using anything that billy the exterminator uses. If he is the one I am thinking about... His chemicals seem to have severe neurological effects on humans.

·
Administrator
5,527 Posts
The chemical is a derivative of the chrysanthemum flower. It's what Billy uses! :w00t: Something like pyrithamin??? Just make sure the spray contains this chemical and they will fall like rain drops.
I think the stuff you're thinking about is, "Permethrin" but I haven't seen Billy so I may be wrong.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
The stuff I use is made by Bonide. It comes in a metal can with a sprayer. It's not really aerosal, more of a spray. This stuff works GREAT, kills them within 5 seconds of spraying them. They will hit the ground when sprayed and be dead 4 seconds later.
Here's what they say about it:
Triple action (.1% Tetramethrin + .25% Permethrin + .5% Piperonyl Butoxide formula) provides instant knock down, quick kill and residual action that takes out the entire nest and prevents re-nesting. Jet spray shoots 20 ft. Oil based. No CFC’s. Dielectric breakdown (non-conductive up to 47,300 volts).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.