Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i chose a vortek by traditions as my first muzzleloader.I like the accuracy ive seen in some reviews.I went to the gun shop to check it out then ordered one from cabelas.got some triple7 , 250gr shockwaves , hornady xtps,hopefully it will like one of those.Any other bullets i should absolutly try and what are the essentials i need for cleaning.Also any cleaning procedures and tips.thanks guys for help and suggestions.anybody shooting a vortek,opinions,loads, etc.thanks

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
its always nice hearing when someone chooses a Traditions, especially the Vortek which is hands down a top of ther line muzzleloader,,,
2 =50 grain trip 7 pellets behind the 250grain shockwave and you're sniper accurate!!!

good luck spiker ,, let me know how things turn out at the range...

·
Registered
8,462 Posts
I would add Barnes bullets to your trial shooting. I think 777 and Black Horn powders outperform pyrodex by a long shot, no pun intended. BB works for traditions (I believe) so he is a big supporter for them. :w00t: Good luck on the new purchase.

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
I would add Barnes bullets to your trial shooting. I think 777 and Black Horn powders outperform pyrodex by a long shot, no pun intended. BB works for traditions (I believe) so he is a big supporter for them. :w00t: Good luck on the new purchase.
I agree with hm, Blackhorn & 777 perform much better than pyrodex.
I don't work for Traditions but I sure wish I did...

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
Spiker, I've been wanting the Vortek since it hit the market and I was going to wait until it arrived so I could take pictures to announce that I just ordered the .50 cal. Traditions Vortek G1 Vista but I guess I'll let ya know now.
I'll post picks as soon as it arrives.. in the meantime this is a stock photo from the Traditions website.

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
Talk about Fast Service... I ordered my new Traditions Vortek muzzle loader on Dec.8th today is the 10th and it just arrived...

That is some speedy service right there!!!!
Another example of why Traditions products and services are top notch in my book.!

not the greatest photo but I'll post better ones when I get it out in the field to do some shooting...

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
a buddy from New Jersey got the same rifle a few weeks back and he's shooting 1" groups at 100 yards using two 50 grain triple 7 pellets and the new Smackdown SST bullets from Traditions
so that's going to be my first load to try and then I'll see what happens from there.
I'll keep you's informed on how it shoots when I get the chance to get it out...
OH btw, If anyone is looking to change what they are using for bullets, Traditions Smackdown SST bullets are getting awesome reviews.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.