Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just thought I'd share these with you - picked up some old .375 H&H ammo at the weekend and it's a bit unusual!

This is what the sides and bottom look like

It's thought to be vintage 1930's and each lead parcel has the bullet weight and type hand-written in fountain pen - the contents are 5 x packets of 5 bulltes as shown - but do you think they will fire?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Wow that looks to be pretty old stuff!! I would be carefull about shooting them off.do they look to be in nice cond.?is there any sign of corrosion?if so i wouldn't shoot them.but thats my opinion.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
There may be enough collector value to advertise them. If they are in really good condition I don't see why shooting them would be a big problem. I would not use them for hunting in case you get a missfire at the wrong moment.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Vintage sale would be your best route, unless you have crazy friends. My dad's passing left me in the same position, drowning in poop I don't know what to do with. Though he did mark his loads, so I've been bonfire happey. But it's never been my cup of tea, and what to do with all the equippment. I suppose LEARN, is my first route.... Any help would be nice.:ibtl:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts