Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering anybody have any good venison sausage recipes? Looked in the recipes did not see anything posted

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
i use a company called LEM for all my sausage needs now.In the past i made some small batch's ,breakfast sausage mostly was pretty good .Ill look for the recipe

·
Registered
195 Posts
Like Joel, I have a recipe for venison sausage also, will look for it. I have a great recipe for venison summer sausage if interested.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
funny a catalog from LEM products arrived today.they're online check em out:wink:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Found it, if you are a do-it-yourself guy try this one.
25lbs. venison/10-12lbs. pork ( I look for a chunk of pork shoulder, usually it can be found for about a $1 a lb.
*1-2 tbs. rosemary ( go lightly has a strong flavor )
*3/4 cup of sugar ( you can use brown sugar also, it will give a sweater taste)
*1/2 cup salt ( Kosher )
*1/2 cup marjoran ( mild flavor )
* 4 tbs. thyme ( medium strength )
*3 1/2 tbs. garlic
*2 tbs. white pepper
* 2 tbs, sage powder
* 4 tbs. cayenne
I like to mix all ingredients together in a separate bowl than set aside. Then I cut the pork and venison up to smaller pieces that will run through my grinder. I dump all the meat in a tub then start mixing the spices in. I will run it through the grinder twice.
This makes very tasty burger and brats. I have a sausage stuffer and use callogen casings for the brats.

For summer sausage goggle country blend summer sausage they make a great kit for doing your own summer sausage. It calls for 12lbs. of venison and 3lbs. of pork or beef, I use pork. I added dehydrated pepperjack cheese and dried jalapenos to the mix and it was a hit!!! Hope this helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts