Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am still realtivly knew to bowhunting as well, but i am having mixed feelings on what to get. I dont have a lot of money being a college student, so i am limited to one or the other. I dont have any other scent lock gear, but do use cover scents. i have heard that rubber boots are better for scent however. I do more upland game hunting than anything. So, long story short. If i dont have any other scent lock clothing, is it going to matter if i wear rubber boots vs upland game boots:confused:i

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
You have to buy what you need and can afford. All hunters will tell you even if you use cover scents if you aren't using the wind in your favor it won't matter how much cover scent you use, the Deer will scent you.
So I would say you're safe to get which ever ones you want but when you're Deer hunting try and keep the wind in your face and you'll be all set.

Good Luck to you..

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
If there are any ways to find a cheap rubber boot go with it. I think that regardless of price, any rubber boot will not hold scent like a leather or cordura or whatever their made of.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Try Discount Hunting Gear, Discount Hunting Boots, Discount Shoes, Discount Ammunition, Discount Ammo, Discount Boots, Military Surplus, Outdoor Gear At the Sportsman's Guide. I have not found anyone cheaper. Try the following 3 boots all for $30/ea less shipping. Find the rubber boot link within the site. I have purchased alot from this site without any issues. If you are hunting in colder weather then I would go with the #2.

1. Guide Gear Mid Mud Boots
2. Browning 600 or 1000 gr Thinsulate
3. Mens Field Pacs

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
im also a guide fan :ibtl:

·
Registered
283 Posts
I work for a military/aerospace contractor. I am not a sales nerd for Sportsman Guide...just wanted everyone to know that.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
me either:bye:just a bargin hunter:biggrin:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am from CT. I am also a bargain hunter. I briefly searched through the site recommended and found the 20 ft ladder that comes in four 5ft sections for thirty some odd dollars was as good if not better then I have ever seen. I have only seen them close to that price after the season has ended and the stores want to clear out.
Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
which reminds meits hunting gear clearance time at wal-mart .so if ya shop there get going

1 - 9 of 9 Posts