Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well fellas I am going to be working on a new floor starting Monday(rehabilitation) and I figured I would make the most of my week off of work and roof Mom's beach house. I use to roof houses many moons ago when I was like 18(I am 30 now). Well let me tell you boys that I don't miss it a bit in the world. I have been working 9-11hrs a day since Tuseday and I feel like I have been stomped on by a small army! All the while I see boats a plenty haulin in fish right in front of my face. PURE TORTURE! :wallbash:

This is a old picture of the view I have. Just picture bright sunny skies and lots of boats in the water and you will have a good idea of my delima. :ranting:

Anyway, I'm not sure if any of you have ever roofed a house before, I am sure some of you have, but is sure is a lot of work and not a one man job by any means. I still have a few days left on it before I finish but I am sure one ol gal will be happy when I am done. :wink:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
:coffee: Easy now bubba.. With all these old guys on here?? Now they gonna wanna know if your mom is single, if shes looking for a guy, etc etc.. Cuz with a view like that, and the fact she owns a beach house.. :yes: She would be a catch for some old geezer wanting to live the good life with a view.

Im 30 as well and married. But if I was single I would probably be asking those same questions. :pickle: Just messing with you.

Ive done a couple roofs in my time. Im assuming your doing shingles since your talking about how much work it is. I just put metal on my house earlier this year and it was quite a bit less work than the 3 tab shingles I have put on before.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL! Yeah I don't think mom is on the hunt for a man. Yeah 3 tab shingles it is. I've got to go back and finish up the job in a few weeks before it gets to cold.

It is good to be off of that darn roof!!!

R

·
0 Posts
thats why they make 20 year old roof monkeys. when i was 20, 25 years ago, I'd throw 2 bundles on my shoulder and up the ladders I'd go. (no wonder my back is a mess) now i sub it out to the aforementioned monkeys. if i do any now its a half a bundle at a time.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
man and i thought i had it bad. i just sheet rockin my parents house. i feel for ya man. sounds like you need a beer.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL Ronn!

Yup had a few last night while watching UFC 104. Good beer.....bad main event.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts