Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Muzzleloader

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Archery

Votes: 14 50.0%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
773 Posts
I love bow hunting, anyone can grab a rifle and sling lead a 100 yards away, I like the added challenge of trying to get them in under 30 yards, so much more skill level to atemp to outsmart the animal that lives by smell and sight to survive. IMO ( and yes I do sling lead too, I usually hunt with what's in at that time, bow, muzzle loader, modern rifle, and yep even crossbow a few times)

· Premium Member
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Funny I actually thought about that & a spear but I can't add any now
Will remember that for next time

· Registered
3,271 Posts
I'm pretty deadly with a BB gun too. The neighbors dog doesn't come into my garage and steal all my shoes anymore. (LONG STORY, but I do absolutely no harm to the dog, except a little **PING** in the butt every now and then).

btw... same dog woke me up this morning at 5:30am barking at cows munchin' on grass....

· Registered
808 Posts
1/2 Wolf

I'm pretty deadly with a BB gun too. The neighbors dog doesn't come into my garage and steal all my shoes anymore. (LONG STORY, but I do absolutely no harm to the dog, except a little **PING** in the butt every now and then).

btw... same dog woke me up this morning at 5:30am barking at cows munchin' on grass....
My neighbor 'had' a 1/2 wolf 1/2 Siberian husky. Had no problems with the dog stealing shoes from the front porch one night, bringing it back the next with the shoe 1/2 eaten. I did have issues one morning when the dog was chasing my chickens and indiscriminately killing them. Saw what was going on, walked inside and grabbed the .30/30. Had already found out that the 170 grain Silvertips were useless against deer, but they sure had the desired effect on that dog. Only needed one round.

· Premium Member
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Archery takes the lead
As for pests (neighbors dogs) I use the paintball gun
loud enough the dog knows where it came from & after 35 balls a second they usually don't let there dog out by themselves for awhile

· Premium Member
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It doesn't work with my Lab though he actually eats the paintballs not a good thing the next day it is mostly veggi oil
They also attract bears NOT KIDDING

· Registered
59 Posts
bow hunting all the way! last year i instituted my new rule: i will NOT pick up a rifle or muzzleloader until AFTER i make a kill with a bow. there is rarely a satisfaction in yourself in life than going into a deer's house and take them cleanly without knowing you are only feet away. priceless

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.