Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't get in many bow hunting days anymore, pretty much all in 1 trip to PA. Leaving Nov 3rd for about 1.5 weeks of hunting. We catch a bit of pre-rut and hit the main rut the last full week. Report from camp is about same as last year with few deer being seen and a few low grade bucks spikes, 4 and a 6 pt. It's been real dry there as it has been here. We need some rain and colder temps. I talked to my buddy in the UP of Michigan last night and he shot a spike (rage broadhead). It's the only deer he has seen so far. Not good for his area SW of Marquette.

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
well HM seems to be the case in a lot of areas
I just started to see some bucks again this week been about 2 months & only a couple does we head to NY on Oct 29th & looks the same out there temps are finally dropping here 50's daytime below freezing at night I ama little more hopeful for this weekends youth hunt w/ my daughter

·
Administrator
5,711 Posts
The Rut predictors said this was going to be a trickling type rut and so far I have no doubts on their predictions...
I've seen a few does and 2 very small bucks nothing I could take a shot at with the Bow but things sure have been really slow so far....
I hope something changes real soon.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
same here in Missouri. not alot of activity so far. the nights are getting cooler, but not cold enough. We've had 2 frosts so far, but waiting for that first freeze. getting tired of the mildly warm days... I like the 50-60 degree days w/30 degree nights!

·
Registered
591 Posts
I've only been out hunting twice so far but the trail cams are getting lots of movement. Last Saturdays check got me 3 good bucks moving, only one in daylight (at the camera anyway) But I know they're on their feet in daylight to get where they were. A trickle rut would be fine with me. It'll keep the bucks on the move longer.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Hope it cools down before you go HM
Are problem is its hot and dry we get some good morning temps but daytime aint right
A rain would sure help to freshen the woods

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.