Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Administrator
5,531 Posts
Once you determine the distance (hunter to target) just aim as you normally would and shoot.
No aiming adjustment is needed at all. the ONLY adjustment needed from a treestand is distance,
Elevation causes a little more yardage between hunter and target so some slight adjustment should be made for distance.

· Administrator
5,531 Posts
50 yards is 50 yards whether it's from a treestand to target or ground to target, 50 yards is 50 yards
the Aim stays the same, you should aim at Vitals from stand level the same way you would from ground level.
This is what's always worked for me.
All I'm saying is the only thing that changes from a treestand vs. ground level is distance but 50 yards is 50 yards.

· Administrator
5,531 Posts
Here's what I'm saying. In this example the only thing that needs consideration is Distance. the Aim from the treestand (slightly high 10 yd. pin)
If this hunter is on the ground then he would need to aim the same way (slightly high 10 yd. pin)
But if the treestand to target or ground to target were both 50 yards, then both shots would use a 50 yd. pin with no compensation at all.
Does this make better sense? because I'm terrible at describing in text form. LOL

· Administrator
5,531 Posts
Yes, 13 yd pin from ground.
and Yes 15 yd. pin from tree.

But we dont have that many pins, so in my diagram I would use my 10 yd pin and aim slightly high from 13 or 15.
Isn't that what you would do?

· Administrator
5,531 Posts
i would shoot that deer using my 13 pin both from the ground and from the tree. even though the range finder says 15 yards while in the tree. with the compensating range finders it would say its 15 yards but shoot as if it was 13 while in the tree.
Is that a New Hampshire hunters method because it sure doesn't fit in with many BowHunters methods.
Your answer simply makes no sense at all, especially if you have a 13 yard pin AND a 15 yd pin to use.
BUT ronn either way, I will tell you this, You will hit and kill that Deer because it's only a 13 to 15 yard shot
but if that deer were at greater distances, your method just doesn't work out.

· Administrator
5,531 Posts
it's simple to understand really. first off Michael Wadell gets paid big money to SELL gadgets.
In his commercial he says to shoot a 32 yard deer he uses his 25 yard pin. WOW THAT's Amazing,,,,
what he's REALLY saying is he uses his 30 yard pin aimed slightly high.
NOW can you imagine a 30 yard pin slighlty elevated to hit a 32 yard target?
because by raising the 30 yard pin it pulls that 25 yard pin UP for a perfect shot
BUT we don't zero in for 15, 25, 35, 45 yards
WE have always been taught to use 10, 20, 30 and 40 yard pins.
Does this makes more sense?

· Administrator
5,531 Posts
none taken, it's just a debate, it's no big deal. I have confidence you'll get your deer . I just think what we have here is a conflict of understanding. LOL
I know you understand the bowhunting concept from ground and tree but I think you've allowed commercial gadgetry to cloud your common sense a bit.
whether it's a 13 or 15 yd pin, one is raised or the other is lowered to hit the target Either way both pins will work if you know the distance.

· Administrator
5,531 Posts
yup buckshot I have to agree with you, gravity is gravity is gravity, there's no such thing as a gravity change.

· Administrator
5,531 Posts
this is one of those subjects that can easily cause debate but I know between the bunch of us, ONE of us would get that deer.
And I'll have you guys know I would be willing to share my venison. :w00t: LOL just kidding guys

· Administrator
5,531 Posts
With all this talk about which pin to use I just had to take this pic to show you guys what makes it easier for me to decide which pin to use.

· Administrator
5,531 Posts
I agree with what Joel is saying, rangefinders are great for those who hunt where they would be more beneficial.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.