Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the Bass Pro Shops X-mas flyer in the mail and they have two nice trail cams on sale. I need to know if any of you have these and how they work??? Tell me like it is, recommend them, or tell me to stay away. Any help would be appreciated.

Moultrie D-50 (flash)

Primos Truth Cam 35 (IR)

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'll answer my own question....haha

I did some research on the net and found this info out. All i've used in the past is a Stealth Cam 35mm (that sucked because of having to get pics developed) and now I have 2 Wildgame Innovations IR4's- which I can't stand. They have the slowest trigger speed, over 2.0 seconds!

Moultrie d-50:
*5.0 mp
*45ft flash range
*Trigger speed 1.25 sec.

Primos "Truth Cam" I-35
*3.0 mp
*40 ft range
*Trigger speed 1.5 sec

I also have been interested in the Cuddeback IR and Cuddeback Capture:

Cuddeback Capture IR:
*not sure how many mp
*50ft range
*Trigger speed less than 1 sec.

Cuddeback Capture:
*not sure how many mp
*45ft flash
*Trigger speed less than 1 sec.

:coffee:

·
Registered
94 Posts
I think the camera I borrowed from a friend that I caught all them bucks with the flash is a d50. Not sure Ill look and let you know tomorrow. Either way the moultrie is a decent cam. I do miss some deer once in a while but i catch most of them. I will be buying a i45 this late winter or spring along with the gps hook up so I can view em from my phone or computer.
I wouldnt give away one of them wildview throw em in the trash.
Get the moultrie

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ishoot,,, correct me if I'm wrong, but someone once told me that moultries and wildgame innovations are both made by the same manufacturer???? Anyone know any truth to this?

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've got a Moultrie D55IR. Its a good camera when the deer aren't moving. I'd recommend getting an inferred camera over a flash camera.

WisconsinDeer: Well I bought the Moultrie D55IR last friday. How does it preform for you? How fast is the trigger speed on it? I bet I stood there for 30 min debating over and over between this camera and the Primos Truth Cam 35. A small voice was telling me, "go with the company that has been around the longest and had the most success". Was that your voice WD?? haha :w00t:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts