Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BB, you'll find this very interesting! :wacko: Currently, I'm bidding on a Traditions Pursuit LT In 50 cal, snow camo, comes with a 3x9x40 Traditions matching snow camo scope. :nerd: All brand new in box. What would be a really good buy?

·
Administrator
5,711 Posts
without doing any research I'd say with scope it was right around 400 dollars..
If you can get it into your Gunsafe without spending any more than that, I think you'd be making a great purchase.

P.S. you have to keep in mind you're buying a quality muzzleloader and not some generic CVA brand. :lol:

Keep us posted and let us know how the bidding ends.

·
Administrator
5,711 Posts

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm thinking less than $250.00 buys it, brand new scoped! FG, you're not suggesting a CVA are you? :bag: This rig would be for son-in-law for Ohio ML hunting and wouldn't be a giant expense but would serve him well. It would just spend off time in my vault. :yes:

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
BB, I knew you'd find something on-line, thanks! I think the rig can be purchased at a good savings. The model seems the same as you found except the one I'm bidding on has a nickel finish receiver not black as in the Gander mountain add. Looks better with the satin finish to me. I don't know if this is an upgrade or not? I may not even get it we'll see how high the bidding goes. Appreciate the comments from all.

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
FG if it was for me I would buy a TC product. Son-in-law isn't a hunter but wants to start. I see no sense buying big $ stuff if he doesn't stay in it! You know me I don't consider CVA products an upgrade, just in case you were going to suggest them. :bye:

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Is that a package price or just gun, then add scope, rings, tax?? I'm hoping for 250.00 out the door complete package brand new rig, for son-in-law. I'm not into Traditions per say, just thought it looked like a potential good purchase for the right price for the right person. My bidding is nearing an end point as another bidder is still going strong. :thumbdown:

·
Banned
611 Posts
As long as hes shooting sabots!

But yeah, i'd easily recommend the TC Over a traditions when the prices are close. Personally you'd probably get a junk scope and rings on the traditions so there you just went and spent the $$ on something that didnt work out. LOL

·
Administrator
5,711 Posts
But yeah, i'd easily recommend the TC Over a traditions when the prices are close. Personally you'd probably get a junk scope and rings on the traditions so there you just went and spent the $$ on something that didnt work out. LOL
This is an opinion from a guy who boasts and brags heavily about CVA muzzleloaders.
frontiergander, If you'd choose a TC so quickly over a Traditions then why are you so supportive of CVA muzzleloaders?

frontiergander, let me ask you a very serious question and please don't take this question as a personal insult or anything, I'm just real curious as to why you support cva muzzleloaders so strongly.
Here goes the big question,

If cva muzzleloaders are (as you say), such good shooting weapons, then WHY do you always have so many posts with instructions on how you have to tamper with each one you shoot in order to obtain good accuracy?

and I don't mean instructions for minor trigger pull adjustments, you've made posts about drilling out breech plugs and all sorts of other dangerous practices. whats up with that?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.