Deer Hunting Forums banner

Traditions Vortek

24K views 36 replies 8 participants last post by  Hunting Man 
#1 ·
I'm close to purchasing a Traditions Vortech but I'ld really like to hear from someone that hunts with one.
I've been going back and forth in my decision to buy it, or the very popular T/C Triumph.

#3 ·
I'm sure you've read my preference for TC products as thats the brand I am most familiar with. Last fall I purchased a TC Triumph as my new Ohio gun season rifle. My son now has my TC FireHawk. I can tell you the Triumph is the most comfortable rifle out of the box I have ever purchased. It shoots really well and the recoil is hardly noticeable. I like the finger removable breach plug system. I have owned TC products since the late 70's and still believe they are the best. Good luck on your purchase whatever brand you choose.:yes:

#4 ·
The Traditions is #1 in my book so I'd go for the Vortek hands down...

Vortek features you just can't overlook

Accelerator Breech Plug
Quick Release of Drop Out Trigger assembly for easy cleaning and maintence
Egronomic Alloy Frame is lighter weight and helps prevent rust
1:28" twist rifling
Stainless Steel barrels for added rust protection
209 shotgun primer ignition
PAS- Projectile Alignment System easy loading and more consistent groups
Fast action release button
Quick Relief Recoil Pad
Over-travel hammer
Over-molded stock and forend
Thumbhole stocks available
WilliamsTM metal fiber optic sights
Drilled & tapped for scope
Sling swivel studs
Solid aluminum ramrod
Soft Touch camouflage stocks
360 Degree Barrel Porting reduces muzzle jump
Extended ambidextrous hammer spur

Dual Safety System
Traditions™ Dual Safety System incorporates 2 safeties, making equipped guns some of the safest available muzzleloaders. A cross block trigger safety is built into the trigger guard, just like a standard rifle or shotgun safety. The second safety is built into the hammer and blocks the firing pin from igniting the primer if the trigger has not been pulled.

Clearly the Traditions Vortek matches all the Thompson center features and add's a few to boot.

Good Luck with which ever one you choose! :thumbup:

#13 ·
TC TC TC TC:ibtl: Everyone is trying to compare to TC that should tell you something! :thumbup:
IM WITH HUNTING MAN ALL THE WAY LOL! T/C T/C T/C:eek:wned:traditions are alright but i believe its the otherway around traditions is tryin to be like t/c due to the fact that they have a accelerator breech plug t/c designed and patened the speed breech first lol! thats my 2 cents from the peanut gallery lol. ideally theyre both good guns if ya want it bad enough buy it its what makes you happy not everyone else!

#6 ·
:boxing:
Traditions Performance Firearms, known for their extremely accurate and dependable muzzleloaders.
For the past 20+ years, Traditions Performance Firearms has been a dominating force in the muzzleloading industry so I believe it's the other way around, I believe TC is trying to build rifles like Traditons Performance Firearms. So far TC's made a LOT of money marketing their product as far as building muzzleloaders as good as Traditions, well that's a whole nother story... :pickle: :pickle: :pickle:

G
#8 ·
Traditions Vortek Versus TC

Both are good guns and you can't really go wrong with either. Some other things to think about.........The TC's are usually higher cost but they are made in the US whereas the Traditions are not.

#9 ·
if your going to spend your hard earned money on a muzzleblaster go ahead and buy the best the first time around and get a knight long range hunter or a disc extreme,you will have a tackdriver that will last you a lifetime just my 2 pennies:wink:

#11 ·
Just this year I picked up a Knight disk extreme and have a new TC Triumph so last month at the range I got to shoot them side by side and the report is both shoot very well. I could not say the TC or the Knight performed better. I shot 2 different bullets in each rifle but used the same powder and grain load. These are both long range shooters as the accuracy is excellent. I did convert the Knight to a non-disk user. I'd have no trouble shooting 200 yds with either of these rifles. The TC carries a 3x9x40 luepold and the Knight has a 2x7x32 Redfield scope. I'd like to upgrade the Knight to a 4x10x50 some day.

#12 ·
I'd probably go with the Traditons myself. I like the way it looks, I like the features and I haven't heard anything bad about them yet. I personally own a Knight KP1 and I love it. It has interchangeable barrels which I believe neither the Vortech or the Triumph have. I only had to pay $200 for it as well.

#17 ·
BB's new name is Jonny! As in Jonny on the spot with supersonic back up for Traditions firearms. I have said this before I know he is on their professional team so beware of slanted pro-Traditions posting by Jonny/BB. Here's the real deal take it from a man of many words: Thompson Center arms build the very best ML rifles out there short of going custom. If you wish to come in second best like at a dance or maybe a race or even horse shoes then purchase a Tradition's. It really doesn't matter as most times you will be wearing camo and hiding out in the woods where no one is going to see you anyway! And from a 1/2 mile away they can't tell what your shooting. Just remember this, purchase a Traditions firearm and the wife may make you sleep with the dog, well that might be something worth considering to some!:lol:

#18 ·
I have an idea, If you want the best muzzleloader ever,, heres what you need to do. :w00t:

BUY a Traditions Vortek, File off the Traditons name and etch on the Thompson Center name and then you'll have the Best Muzzleloader on the market. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now HM,, you cant beat that deal !!! LOL
and I don't care who you are that's funny right there..

#36 ·
I have an idea, If you want the best muzzleloader ever,, heres what you need to do. :w00t:

BUY a Traditions Vortek, File off the Traditons name and etch on the Thompson Center name and then you'll have the Best Muzzleloader on the market. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now HM,, you cant beat that deal !!! LOL
and I don't care who you are that's funny right there..
lmao you guys crack me up lol!

#22 ·
I agree FrontierGander, we should have at least one EACH of the top 3 ML'ers

a Traditions
a CVA
and a Knight

Oooops almost forgot the TC muzzleloader make that one each of the top 4 ML'ers. :lol:

#23 ·
It's really hard being at the top but TC will stay there for awhile longer.:ibtl: Ha Ha BB nice nice. Did your Tradition's stock check come in this month? By now you should have been sent all their models just for being the #1 spokesman for them. :w00t: I hope everyone keeps comparing their potential purchases against TC because when your numero uno all the rest compete for second place.:sadbanana:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.