Deer Hunting Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Muley must have got high altitude sickness and lost his mind for a brief moment, :wallbash:he'll come back to his senses. Didn't CVA begin using rigid conduit for their barrels?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm sorry guys, but the Wolf I just bought is the best inline i've owned so far. That includes the Omega and a Vortek UL.

It's a shooter right out of the box. Sub MOA @100yds. I wouldn't have believed that if I wasn't shooting it. The trigger is miles ahead of the Omega. I haven't had to modify a thing except to put a thicker o-ring in the FP housing. Took about 30 seconds.

I know I ragged on CVA in the past. That was from the Accura V2 and Optima I used to own. This little inexpensive Wolf is a hell of a gun, and shocked me it's so good. I won't be selling it in my lifetime.

I got it with a mounted and bore sighted Konus scope. I won't selling it either. As good as any i've owned, and i've had a bunch.

I'm no fanboy for any kind of hunting gear. I just tell it like it is.

·
Banned
611 Posts
I'm sorry guys, but the Wolf I just bought is the best inline i've owned so far. That includes the Omega and a Vortek UL.

It's a shooter right out of the box. Sub MOA @100yds. I wouldn't have believed that if I wasn't shooting it. The trigger is miles ahead of the Omega. I haven't had to modify a thing except to put a thicker o-ring in the FP housing. Took about 30 seconds.

I know I ragged on CVA in the past. That was from the Accura V2 and Optima I used to own. This little inexpensive Wolf is a hell of a gun, and shocked me it's so good. I won't be selling it in my lifetime.

I got it with a mounted and bore sighted Konus scope. I won't selling it either. As good as any i've owned, and i've had a bunch.

I'm no fanboy for any kind of hunting gear. I just tell it like it is.
And thats with POWERBELTS! Imagine if he'd get some real bullets :boxing:

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
The input is always welcome. I had just about every thing out there also, Lyman, CVA, TC, Knight, custom Hawken flintlock, even a Hatfield flintlock but true history says CVA was world's behind TC products for over 25 years and that's what bothers me with buying a new CVA product. That may not be the case today, however, the Knight, Triumph and FireHawk will shoot 1" groups all day long. These aren't off a rest it's shooting off a block of wood. I now have a fancy dancy rest so my groups should shrink. Sub 1" groups is great shooting by anyone with a ML'der, I think most barrels will shoot better than the shooter behind them. Ford, Chevy, Dodge, pick what trips your trigger, no pun intended. Muley it's good to have something you like and are happy with, congrats. That goes for you too FG, glad you're happy with your new toy. Now I would like to add an AH 50 cal mountain flintlock rifle to the vault, they look pretty nice and have outstanding wood.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
HM you heard about cva's .50 cal Electra with electronic Arc ignition? Well I heard their next model is going to be the Deuce and a Quarter ($ 2.25)
Sounds like they're getting their ideas from Buick but hey at least they'll finally be priced at what they're worth. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
180 Posts
HM you heard about cva's .50 cal Electra with electronic Arc ignition? Well I heard their next model is going to be the Deuce and a Quarter ($ 2.25)
Sounds like they're getting their ideas from Buick but hey at least they'll finally be priced at what they're worth. :lol: :lol:
Next model will have port holes. What's a Buick without port holes?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts