Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woke up this morning to learn that a small tornado had touched down less than a 1/4 mile from my house. The weather dopler never saw the tornado footprint. All in all about 20 homes damaged with NO injuries.

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Seems like mother nature is stirred up a bit this spring. Lots of bad weather all around the country. My son-in-law's brother lives in the golf community where the tornado first hit. His house wasn't damaged. The path would have/could have traveled with-in a few hundred yards past/over my house as the major damage is just SW of my home. I hate night time tornado's.

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
HM Just the night tornado's I would hate any of them
I may complian about the winters here but at least we normally don't get the weather the rest of the country gets
Glad you are OK

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
about 6 years ago, we were supposed to get some heavy winds/storms and all that, but it was one of those freaky moments where right over our house it was calm, but you could see that just 2-3 miles away it was darker than night. We could actually hear the tornado, everything was so quiet around us. Sounded like a freight train coming down the tracks with no whistle, just roaring. It made the hairs on the back of my neck stick up!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.