Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sep 15th to now hunting hard and spending long hours in the stand no to mention I'm getting old, has wore me out. sat there this morning with the tree swaying about a foot and a half, not feeling real good anyway, and cold, I thought its time for a little break to recuperate. maybe just do a little camera work out there. So i pull the cards and head home. now this shows up way in there.

same place the other buck posed for his picture. so now do i suck it up and get after it or take the break? I could be starting to burn the stands here so I think a break is in order. got some good bow stands already set there for late season.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Wow.. That all depends on if that buck motivated you enough to get over the tiredness.

Burned out stands arent any count though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm thinking he's at best, a wore out 3.5, maybe only 2.5 years old. not going to sit this week in there. i may put in a few more cameras to get a better handle on the movement, then sit this weekend.

if i haven't been hunting hard putting it long hrs in the stand, i've been working early trying to jam in hrs to hunt the afternoons. making myself sick i think cause i'm coming down with something.

anyway i got the pic on the coffee table to try and amp myself up.

·
Registered
790 Posts
AHHHH Suck it up! LOL Hey my friend you have to do what is good for you. I know you well and right now you are talking the talk but if the right weather happens and you feel that little twitch I know for sure where you will be. Get better soon and most importantly remember this -------VICKS Cough and Cold Syrup!!!!!:wink:

·
Registered
799 Posts
Is that the correct time on the pictures?

If it is, I think I would stick tite a wait for this one.
A def shooter

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
yup it is. i'm a mile and a half back in away from everything tight to a huge hemlock thicket, maybe 30 acres. the pics i've gotten are daylight well this one is close. but a got stands in the direction he came from. i'm thinking he maybe just 2 1/2. looks long legged to me, but with the bow in my hand i'll loose one

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
Ronn I know what ya mean dude., I closed out our Rifle season yesterday with tags still in pocket.
I was on stand far too many hours this year. Between the wind, rain, warm temps & WAY too many other hunters, you know the ones that never scout they just happen to show up opening morning and trample right thru all the areas you scouted so well. It's been a tough year for me.
I still have the Muzzleloader season Dec. 5 - 13th maybe things will take a turn by then. Great pics too Ronn, they even got me motivated for our ML'er season :w00t:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i haven't found any real good recipes for those yet. always go down kinda dry and i've eaten more than my share i think, bruce.

so much for time off...well from hunting. i'm taking wed off from work to be in that tree.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Hopefully that buck puts it on his calender to be checking for does right there wed morning. Good luck with him ronn.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts