Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in a great mood.... I got off work this morning and do not have to go back till Jan the 7th. Thats 15 days in a row. I can hunt, cook some grub on the smoker and just sit on my fat tail. This is great. :w00t:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Must be nice. I have a huge job to start Wednesday that should take a week but we only get three days. :ranting: I just hope the weather holds up.

Go kill something. :w00t:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
sweet nothing like a little R&R:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
I've been off of work since Sept. cuz of a brutal eye injury on the job but as nice as it sounds it really isn't to good cuz of the eye patch messing my vision up and still some pain but i make the best of it. Buck enjoy the time off and make the best of it.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been off of work since Sept. cuz of a brutal eye injury on the job but as nice as it sounds it really isn't to good cuz of the eye patch messing my vision up and still some pain but i make the best of it. Buck enjoy the time off and make the best of it.
Man that stinks. what happened to the eye ball? it wasnt a hard right to the face was it?

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
he stepped out a line and :boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing:

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
LOL Nah man we were tearing out old sidewalks and slabs for a new project and I was dumping the rubble in a stockpile area near an old orchard and it was a tight squeeze between trees and as I was exiting I can't really remember but I think that the top corner of the dump box (driver side) snagged a huge tree limb and brought it down into the door frame mirror area and redirected it right smack dab into my eye. Doc said that it was equal to somebody jabbing a pool stick into an eye and that I was a millimeter away from a crushed grape. Scary, but very lucky. So since then the Doc's just keep giving me time and time for the eye to heal as far as it will go on it's own before considering surgery. There is a lighter side to this whole situation , now I have an excuse for only getting one deer this season "I can't see too good" "My eye keeps screwing me up". But I have seen a few deer throughout the season but not as much as I think I should've with 2 eyes. Doc says that I may be down for the count in regards to boxing, Dang!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OUCH. :ranting: Hopefully it heals good on its on. I would not want any part of surgical tools near my eye. Hope everything works out well for you. You still getting a check right?

Oh yeah just cause you only have one working eye at the moment that still isn't an excuse for deer hunting!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
Yeah checks are coming in but not as smoothly as one would expect. I was referred to an attorney by a friend and he (attorney) says there's a strong case going here whatever that means. I've never had to deal with workmans comp and it seems like a pain at times. But this is the only time ever out of many many injuries that I'm getting paid for. Most other injuries were from amateurs, pretty painful hobby at times. Oh yeah Buck I'm still full of excuses, if it wasn't my eye it would've been something else LOL We'll definately be keeping AN EYE on that guy HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts