Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
We got a couple of shots of nice bucks during daylight, around 8 AM, if I remember correctly. At this time of the year, many are still staying mostly nocturnal, but give it another month and those bucks will start looking and chasing. They'll forget all about checking their wristwatches then!! :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
If you check out some of the trail cam pics I posted over the past month or so you will see quite a few good bucks during the day.

Now though it seems like they are changing to more night time movement. It seems like they know bow season open.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Son has a nice 9pt showing up at 8pm in S. Ohio. We've had bucks in PA stay nocturnal right up to the rut and helps if a cold front moves in. I like those misty cool dark mornings to catch a buck scent checking his scrapes or mine.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Anybody getting pics of bucks other than in the middle of the night?

very, very, very ,very ,very, very, very, very, very, very FEW!

Most of the bucks I've been seeing here in MO have been between 12am and 4am. It's just so dry here they aren't exerting that extra energy to get up and wander. They are staying bedded for longer. They also aren't attacking the salt licks or mineral licks b/c they know they have to drink water afterwards and there's no water in ditches or creeks or many of the streams for that matter. Once the rain starts a normal pattern again (hopefully soon) I'm expecting to see more deer out and about. PLUS, we're having unseasonably warm weather, highs in the 80's and lows in 50's for the past 3 weeks. Getting tired of the warmth.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Got a call tonight from son, says he has a big 10pt showing up twice a day. I could tell his blood pressure is up a bit. :w00t:

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Got a call tonight from son, says he has a big 10pt showing up twice a day. I could tell his blood pressure is up a bit. :w00t:

and you said... "don't worry son, dad will be up in the morning to take care of that big fella for ya" :w00t:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts