Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found, very close by, about 3 minutes from my house about 25- 30 acres of ag land that has a nice treeline and water on it. There is a good chance it is within city limits. its a good 200 yds at its closest point to any residentual dwellings. I went by there today to take a look around. I did find old deer sign but deer sign none the less and I never really got into the good area.It is very dense and very little if any traffic.
now here is the 100,000 question. is it legally huntable with bow.
I went online and looked up our citys codes and beleive it or not, there is no restrictions on bows at all. its not even listed. now check the hunting code out and tell me how you discern it.

sec.74-216 Hunting
It shall be unlawfull for any person to engage in killing any animal other than as perscribed by law, in the city.(code 1982. * 132.10)

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Buckfever do we even have a legal representative?:no: I thought your cousin Vinny down in Georgia who runs the car lot does a little side legal work for you! My personal opinion, get a legal opinion in writing prior to any hunting with-in city limits. Or at least get a letter from the mayor or city counsel. Otherwise, you may be seeing the local judge.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
I think the best thing to do is contact your local game warden, explain the situation to him and ask your question.
He will be able to give you the most accurate answer. just be sure to write down his name and date/time you spoke with him for future reference.

Good luck

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was just looking for everyones opinion. as legal experts.:)

G

·
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: .
I think the best thing to do is contact your local game warden, explain the situation to him and ask your question.
He will be able to give you the most accurate answer. just be sure to write down his name and date/time you spoke with him for future reference.

Good luck

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The "other than as perscribed by law" is the key part of the code. I take this to mean that the states DNR regulations are the defacto laws of reference.

·
Registered
394 Posts
A bow is considered under the same laws as a firearm in my state. I would look at your regs and definetly talk to the police or a warden.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts