Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has happened to you guys too. Why do the non hunting community always think you are having a bad influence on your own kids when they find out you put a gun in their hands. My 5 year old shows more gun safety than my neighbors 17 year old and his father is an instructor at Issac Walton league.

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know it's funny how people give you a dirty look when they find out you hunt and then a totally frowned apon look when they find out you teach your kids. I used to get so mad but as I got older my father explained that people from the city are not as excepting of stuff like that and frown at the thought of guns. With my kids I tell them not to tell people that they like to hunt or have and shoot unless they know that person is into the sport or hobby.

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's not being ashamed because they're not at. I just tell them not to get into discussions unless the other person likes it too. The only I say that is, I don't want someone to convince my kids that it's wrong when it's my job to teach them that. As they get older they can actually make valid points on why they want to hunt. Right now I think it's because daddy does.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.