Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the chase should be very near guys and gals. i got a couple new stands out and one near a scrape thats been worked and reworked. work tomorrow, that rotten four letter word, 2" of rain for saturday. so sunday morning i hope to have a live view of the chase. such that it is here in nh.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Best of luck to ya man. I am starting work on a new floor Monday. We will see how it goes. Why can't I just win the lottery or invent something? :crybaby:LOL

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
No chase evident here in Vermont yet, not in my spots anyway.
BUT the "Hide and Not be Seen" phase has worked real well for them so far. :lol::lol:

·
Registered
20 Posts
The chase is coming in very strong right now in my area of south western PA. We had a very cold week here and some snow flying for a few days and I got out last Saturday on some new ground with 2 of my best hunting buddies. I saw a total of 21 deer from sunrise until 9:30 when we had to pack up the stands and take care of some chores for my friend's mother who is going through a nasty divorce. I watched young bucks chasing young does all morning, in a group of 5 with 2 of them being small males. Quite entertaining. I had plenty of doe within range but I've held back waiting for a mature swamp donkey to come through close enough. Amazing how much more cautious a 2 1/2 yr old is than a yearling. I found some saplings ranging from 1 inch to 3 inches in diameter rubbed pretty hard, the best of them having a pile of shavings under them. Also saw a handful of scrapes that were hit pretty hard which surprised me because one was actually worn about 4 inches deep and roughly 30 inches wide.

I have never hunted during pre or heavy rut before as this is my first archery season, and boy do i know now what Ive been missing. I havent ever had this much fun and had the opportunity to see over 12 deer a day while hunting stationary. This mountain we are hunting is private property for 220 acres and full of mature deer. I have no desire to rifle hunt anymore after enjoying days without so many gunshots it sounds like the Civil war, no deer limping past with a knee obliterated by a poor shot, and my favorite part... NO deer drives busting underneath of me.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No chase evident here in Vermont yet, not in my spots anyway.
BUT the "Hide and Not be Seen" phase has worked real well for them so far. :lol::lol:
i sure will be glad when that phase is over and done with here bruce

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
me too !!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts