Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well folks i gave my mathews to a cousin of mine, and im now bowless. My purpose of my post is to see what bows you know about, and compare them to other bows. no mathews vs hoyt wars though lol. im trying to find a nice new bow for me that is smallish cuz i do alot of stalk hunting, id love speed but some torque may mess me up so maybe thats not for me kinda thing. Help me out fellas. they got me with too many numbers syndrone.
The Okie

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
You can check out my review on the Hoyt Rampage XT under the hunting gear section
I purchased last November I truelly love this bow the more I shoot it the more I like it

·
Registered
394 Posts
You need to get out to a few shops and shoot a few to see what you like personally. Reviews are a good starting point on what you may want to look at but those bows may not neccasarily be a good fit for you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
New Bow

My only peeve with some bows is the ability to shoot consistently in freezing cold (under 30F) temps. Does not seem to be an issue with you and your location though. For sure, test fire the bow with the release you plan to use. If it shoots consistently right from the first shot, then you are OK.

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
You need to get out to a few shops and shoot a few to see what you like personally. Reviews are a good starting point on what you may want to look at but those bows may not necessarily be a good fit for you.
Deerless I was not insinuating that he go out & buy the bow but one to consider
I think reviews are a great start as there are 100's of models out there
he asked for compact, speed
If you read the review I wrote I am pretty sure I gave the spec's on the bow & sounds like something he is looking for
I do agree to try any bow before buying
it is like buying a car without a test drive not a smart move

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
I look forward to hunting in less than 30* temps means the ticks are not too active. I really like my Bass Pro model Toxik especially for the money. I consider freezing temps 10* to -10*

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
HM I am w/ you but at -10 which is also very common here
I am usually the one freezing up before the bow does under 0 degrees I am usually on the couch watching hunting shows instead till the sun comes out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.